1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

black and white screen rolling problem

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by angelluv, Mar 24, 2007.

1. angelluv

angelluv Member

hi not sure what the problem is here but everytime i burn any vob file movies i always get the same thing happening. i burn it then naturally check it on my computer and it works fine. when i put it in my home dvd player the screen is black and white and it rolls , so naturally i cant watch the dvd. could someone please tell me how to fix this? i am using nero 6.1.5 and i use vertabim blank dvds.
    thanx
    angelluv

2. billmex

billmex Guest

Im not positive but i think you have some swith or something in the pal mode, many vcrs and dvd players can play both but if you put a ntsf in a pal it will roll or vice versa, hope this helps

3. angelluv

angelluv Member

thanx very much for your reply. for some reason nero does not give me the option of choosing between pal or ntsc , and this is happening to every dvd with the vob format . this is driving me nuts good thing that i have a reliable rewrite.
    angelluv

4. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

are theese vob files from a orignal dvd or are the off the net? also if you did not get this off the net what programs did you use to make the vob's? the black and white screen and rolling could be a type of copy protection.

5. angelluv

angelluv Member

the vob files are from the original dvd, i never even considered that it could be a copywrite thing. after i burn it i can watch it on my computer without a problem , but not on my home dvd player. my home player is a panasonic 5 dvd changer surround sound. any of my older dvd's that i burned seem to have no problems at all, but most of them were plain old avi files . im so frustrated with this, no matter what i try to burn if it is vob,ifo etc it does the same thing everytime but not on my computer just my home dvd
    angelluv