1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

black line

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Morb1d, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Morb1d

Morb1d Member

hello all. wonder if anyone can help me with this problem. not sure if it is suppose to be like it but when i backup ps2 games and play them, i have a black thick line at the bottom of the screen. now it dont mess with the game ie cut off any of the picture its just it dont use the full screen and it does get annoying as obviously the picture is smaller.

i burn with dvd dycrypter and cdwin dvd-rw on 1x speed, use swap magic dvd v3 slide tool thingy.

any one seen this before??

thanks.

2. JONNY200

JONNY200 Member

that used to happen 2 some of my friends old backups, i dont know if he could fix it or not though, soz

3. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

are u trying to play a PAL game on your NTSC ps2 and TV but using SMD's picture selecter? if so then there is a way if its not an internal elf game to change it.. im not sure what the website is but it has something with jaytee or something.

Good Luck!
    Chris

4. Morb1d

Morb1d Member

i have a pal ps2 the games are varied ie pal and ntsc.

also any way round cdrwin recording iso over 4gig?
    cause when i copy games with dvd dycyrpter some games say not valid ps2 game even though it needs no patch from swapmagic.

5. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

if the game is smaller than 700 megs then you burn it to the CD and boot it with SMD CD booter. If its bigger than 700 megs you burn it to a DVD. but i got that one problem of it says not a valid ps2 disk when i burned my GameShark. but i dont know the other question of cdrwin on what ur talking about.

6. Morb1d

Morb1d Member

my c version of swap dosk will NOT run in my ps2 i think i have a dodgy cd.

cdrwin yea i have the latest version fully licensed but it dont support files over 4 gig now a bit odd dont you think when most ps2 games on dvd are over 4 gig, cause of this i have to resort to dvd dycryptor and for some reason my games on cdrwin work where as ones done on dvd dycrypter seem to give me that not a valid ps2 disk.

the black line i can handle, the swap magic cd disk that dont work on my ps2 i cant handle and the cd burning thing well if there was a way to get all copyies to burn and work the best or first time then pleasee tell me lol

:D

7. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

cdrwin burns over 700 megs? isn't that a cd burner? o and no program can burn over 4.7 gigs. to play cd games or w/e burn a cd loader to a dvd and then boot with SM DVD booter and then boot the cd game and there you go.

8. Morb1d

Morb1d Member

ok i will try that thanks but as for cdrwin i have iso at 4.2/4.3 gig and cdrwin dont support them over 4gig.