1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

black screen and numbers

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by damoder, Aug 23, 2011.

1. damoder

damoder Member

Hi,
    I tried loading a game via gecko os and i keep getting a black screen with numbers any help? Thanks in advance.

2. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

Some info would help. If i told you my car doesn't work could you help me? Do you think anybody would help me?? Give some details that might help someone help you. Like has it worked before and just stop working? Any recent activity with the wii that might have caused it? etc..

3. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

code dump?

4. damoder

damoder Member

well... i simply just tried to load codes via gecko and ive tried many versions and many different games and all i get is AN EXCEPTIION DSI HAS OCCURED I'm completely stumped

5. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

Man, you are still vague. Was it usb or dvd game? Did it work before or did you just mod the wii? what version wii is it and any other specs on it? I'm inclined to tell you to remod the wii as a simple answer,lol. That seems to be the fix for everything nowadays.

6. damoder

damoder Member

well my wii is 4.3 and its a dvd game and y wii has been softmodded with out problem (except when i bricked it) for about 7 months all dvd games work fine even with crappy dvds from the flea market and usb works just as fine too. when i try that gecko it doesn't work and i get that black screen with numbers.ive also re installed my IOS 249 but nothing.... usb loading is really frustrating because its to hard to go in and change settings so its easier. (from my perspective )

7. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

Have you tried another loader program like neogamma? You have to rule out possibilities so you can come to the problem. Also make sure nothing is plugged into the usb port or controller/memory card slots when trying dvd. Rule out interference from other devices.

8. damoder

damoder Member

i tried neogamma and other loaders and it works just fine with out hacks but when i turn the hacks on i get the numbers again.

9. Vato

Vato Regular member

Might just be a bad hack file. Have you tried another version of the hack. It could just be as simple as that.

10. damoder

damoder Member

yes i have ive tried many .gct files from the code manager

11. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

ok, i got you now. It's only when you use cheat codes that the games don't work. You had me thinking you couldn't get a game to work at all. Anyway, have you tried Gecko 1.9.3.1? I do believe that might be the newest one. if you have updated the cios or hb channel you would need the latest Gecko too.

12. damoder

damoder Member

well all games work with me usb or dvd and yes im using the newest gecko idk about HB but im running cios 249 r20b i dont wanna use r21 cuz it glitched on me and i had to uninstall it.

13. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  14. damoder

damoder Member

alright then lets see if that works

15. wiisel247

wiisel247 Regular member

Use USB Loader GX, has the cheats and all that good crap built right in. No messing with gecko, or worrying about which version of HBC you have.