1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black screen/no infinity menu

Discussion in 'PS2' started by KEVCELT, Jan 18, 2007.

1. KEVCELT

KEVCELT Regular member

Basically i tried to upgrade from matrix infinity 1.38 to 1.93 whilst this was upgrading i had a power cut, when the electricity was back on, i put on ps2 and get a black screen.
    1 i can get original games to load if i press reset at least 3 times ???
    2 i cannot get back ups 2 load at all just a pure black screen ???
    3 i cannot access infinity menu by pressing triangle and circle ???
    4 i think i have v12 coz i dont get a blue light when i reset just black and green.
    IS there anyway i can revert back to original value ??? 1.38 ??? the upgrade wont load either just the black screen or when im lucky the red screen ???
    Also my analogue light wont come on, on the controller ?
    I never had any of these problems until last night and i just want it working again my kids will kill me thanks for looking TRY AND HELP PLEASE.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

are you 100% sure that the chip you had installed is a genuine Matrix Infinity? I only ask this because from what i have heard if you try and update a clone chip it will damage it.
    Some clone chips use an older version of the Matrix Infinity firmware and will even say "Matrix" on the screen and everything like a real Matrix would.

3. KEVCELT

KEVCELT Regular member

i cannot be 100% sure but it could get into the infinity menu and used to say infinity 1.38 when a back up was loading,