1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Screen of Death in Winning 10...Help!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by pwnzj00, Feb 2, 2007.

1. pwnzj00

pwnzj00 Member

Hey guys, been a lurker on Afterdawn for a long long time....and I've had no trouble playing Winning 10 w/ Swap Magic 3.6 slide card method.

Lately, however, the game boots up perfectly, but when we get to a half time or sometimes when my friend or I score a goal, the game goes to a black screen with just music playing in the background. We've cleaned the laser, wiped off the disk, and I recently re-burned the disc just to find we are receiving the SAME error. Anyone have any suggestions? Both of the discs we burned to are the same type, so if worst comes to worst I'm going to get a better quality disc to burn to (Using Maxell). Thanks guys!

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Might be the copy of your game. Did you have the same problem occur when you're using a different iso of the game? If it's the same game you've reburnt again, but lately, as you've said, it's been working weird, it could just be that your PS2 is having trouble reading the particular media now after all this time. Could try switching to another different brand of media so try that. And when you said you're using Maxell, did you mean you're currently using it or you will be using when you decide to burn with a better quality disc?

3. pwnzj00

pwnzj00 Member

I *was* using Maxell.

I just got 8x Verbatim DVD-R's and now im copying it again and seeing how it turns out...