1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

black screen on galaxy s

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by 75aces, Jul 20, 2011.

1. 75aces

75aces Regular member

I have a sprint galaxy s with black screen. When powering up, I get nothing. Everything works except for the screen. Any ideas how to do factory reset? Not sure what or how it happened.

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

If the screen is broken in the traditional sense, then it will need returning for repair, obviously.

If you think it's a software problem, then you should try to get into bootloader/recovery and you from there you will most likely be able to fix things.

Relevent info is on a hard reset, detailed here:

Taken from here. I suggest that if wiping data doesn't work then you should fully read the FAQ linked to, and after that post on xda-developers. Afterdawn isn't really the place.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  3. hackimus2

hackimus2 Regular member

I had the same problem 2 weeks ago but doing a factory reset will not work cause most likely your screen is damaged.

4. 75aces

75aces Regular member

Is there a real way to know for sure if the screen is damaged?

5. rajukh3

rajukh3 Member

not a screen damage your phone display light problem

6. greefever

greefever Guest

Got this problem once, and it's been figured out by reboot.

7. 75aces

75aces Regular member

So I have been trying all methods suggested. No luck. The backlight works at the bottom of the screen. I can't confirm anything as the screen is blacked out. The phone was working fine one day, and all of the sudden it just went dark. I tried connecting the phone to my pc, but no luck because I can't enable usb.

8. Ripper

Ripper Active member

So faulty hardware, most likely then?

9. 75aces

75aces Regular member

More than likely as that I tried holding volume, camera, and power all at the same time. The backlight on the keyboard goes off and then turns back on. I can't confirm anything though. Just going to try to unload the phone to someone who needs parts. I'm asking $50 and price is firm. The phone is for Sprint and will come with charger, battery, manual, and box. Send me a message if interested.

10. dravid

dravid Member

Its is not a screen damage or software problem. I too had the same problem twice and also seen the same problems in my friends mobile.
    A cable or bus connector to the screen is either dismissed or unplugged, sometimes also slipped down, so you have to repair it. it is just a work of 10 mins max, so you can get back your device immediately.
    Most of the samsung galaxy devices have this same problems. The hardware of samsung is of poor quality, i don't know why are they making such kinda things in a costly mobile.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012