1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Screen on some PS2 Back up?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by BandiT81, Jan 14, 2007.

1. BandiT81

BandiT81 Member

1-When i burn my PS2 backups i get the black screen of death about 50% of the time. The game just sits their and spins for about 1 minute then it stops. I burn all my games the same way (DVD Decrypter)
    and for some reason it works some times and not others. I am using sony dvd-r discs and burning them at a slow speed.I have a PS2 slim with Swap magic 3.6.

2-some games wont be read by my CPU. EX. i put in NasCar 07 to burn and it said that DVD Decrypter can not read the volume. i dont think it because its EA because i have burnt Lord of the rings and a few other EA games that work fine.

2. ssj4champ

ssj4champ Member

hey

it probably is that the game needs a rebuild or fix... read the posts at AfterDawn forums(software boot ps2 section) on how to rebuild them...

another site u can go 2 is www.swapmagicfix.com and dis site shows you if there is a fix 4 the game dat u want to boot.

reply if you fixed it,

ssj4champ

3. steimy

steimy Active member

it could be rebuilding it as stated above.
    It could be that your burner just isn't doing a great job and needs a firmware update.
    It could be that you are actually burning too slow for the DVD's you use, for example an 8X DVD should be burned at 4X.
    It could be that your PS2 laser needs to be cleaned.
    There are a lot of factors to sort out when it comes to the question of "my game won't work"

As for the disc that your PC is not reading, is the disc dirty or scratched? this can cause it not to be read or read fully.