1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black screen. Power bottom works.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by rabascal, Feb 9, 2007.

1. rabascal

rabascal Member

Sorry if this have been talked already but there is so much information that is very hard to follow.

I had 2.71 firmware and the IC003 in it. I formatted the new 2GB memory stick and charged the battery to 100%. Download the 2.71 to 1.5 full downgrade. Follow instruction step by step.

After going to the Photo directory for 6 times, the red screen come up and after a cpuple of minutes it comes black and the PSP turns off. I turn it on and wait for the blue screen where I need to type O but it never happened. I have a blck screen. The power buttom works when I turn it off and on but the screen is always black.
    I don't hear any noice when I turn it on or the memory flasing.

Is there a way to know if it is bricked?

Thank you,

rabascal

2. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

Well, press the screen brightness button and see if it did anything. If it didnt, take out the battery then take out the memory stick for awhile. Then put it back w/o the mem stick, if its still black, you might have a brick. Are you 100 percent sure you followed ALL the instructions and read the readme?

3. rabascal

rabascal Member

Thank you. I have the battery out and the memory sticker out now.
    I will wait for a while. May I ask you whre is the bright buttom?

I am sure I follow everything as directed.

I didn't set factory default because I just opened from the box.

Thank you.

4. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

you dont know where it is? its next the note button.

5. rabascal

rabascal Member

I tried that buttom before no changes.

I still have a black screen.

Do you think I should try to ask a friend for a fully charged battery and a working memory stick?

Thank you,

Rodrigo.

6. rabascal

rabascal Member

I have tried several things that I have read in other forums but
    nothing happens. Is there a way to know for sure that my PSP is
    a brick now?

I appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Rabascal

7. Sabriam

Sabriam Member

A way to know for sure if it is bricked is to throw a brick at it.But it probaly is bricked.Sorry man.

8. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

If you just opened the box from brand new, just take it back to where you bought it and say it doesn't work and get another.

9. koolyoe

koolyoe Regular member

10. rabascal

rabascal Member

Hello,

May I get some advice on what guide should I follow?

I am afraid now that if I follow again the full downgrade, I am going
    to brick the new PSP again. As I told you before, I used the
    downgrade that is a single file on Windows and everything is
    installed in the memory stick just running that program and then
    it tells you waht to do step by step.

I don't care to spend more time and do more work if that means it
    has less possibilities of bricking the PSP.

Thank you,

Rabascal.

11. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

well it's not necessarily going to decrease chances of bricking. u just have to make sure to take ur time and follow directions properly. I use the same thing for 2.71 and 3.03 downgrade (ta-082 included), and havent had a single problem.

12. koolyoe

koolyoe Regular member

Alright well it seems that the easy installer has bene having some trouble. Or maybe you're just getting a bad one i dont know. I do know that i have helped 3 people that tried to use the easy installer and it didnt work so i showed them how to do it manually and I will show you too.

THIS IS FOR TA-082 DOWNGRADE FROM 2.71 TO 1.50

PLZZZZZ FOLLOW EVERY STEP CORRECTLY and if ANY QUESTIONS AT ALL PLease ask thanks. WE dont want you to brick your PSP.
    1. Download TA-082 manual installer here http://rapidshare.com/files/14527301/ta082down.rar
    it comes with HEN-D already on this package.

2. Extract the files somewhere on your PC easily accessed.

3. You will see a folder called UPDATE and idstoragechange in there copy them BOTH to X:\PSP\GAME

4. Now download the Official SONY 1.50 Eboot from here http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-1.50-File-(EBOOT)-North-America-PSP/pg/12/fid/163/catid/163

5. now this is very important. You need to rename that file to UPDATE.PBP now copy that into X:\PSP\GAME\UPDATE folder

6. Now on your PSP (not your memory stick) go to Photo and you will see HEN-D run it if it works it will restart your PSP and make like a blue screen for a sec. If it does not restart your PSP keep doing it until it does. Dont worry it is common if it doesnt work the first 7 times. But it will work trust me.

(If for soem reason WHen you go to Photo and you do not SEE HEN-D then download it here

http://dl.qj.net/Homebrew-Enabler-for-2.71-Revision-D-(HEN-D)-PSP/pg/12/fid/11444/catid/114

then open the folder called MS_ROOT and copy the PSP Folder to your Memory stick clicking yes on overwirte. Then it should restart. After it does make sure in your system firmware that it says 2.71 HEN-D. Then follow rest of instructions.)

7. Now before you do anything else MAKE SURE you have at LEAST 75% battery life i recommend (90%-100%) also make sure to ahve your PSP plugged into the charger at all times. Also no UMD in the drive at all until you are all the way done completing the downgrade.

8.Now go to the Game option on your PSP and you will see idstoragechange. Run it. all it does is change soem stuff inorder to downgrade your PSP. It will run and it will restart your PSP.

9. Now for the important part MAKE sure everythign is good, a good battery charge, psp is plugged into charger, no umd in drive

10. Now go back to the Game option on your PSP you will see UPDATE X.YX or it might be X.YZ it doesnt matter, just run it.

11.OK now this takes a little while before it completes don't worry. Its just doing its thing.

12. after it has completed it will ask you to press X do it. Then it will restart and a BLUE screen with a bunch of writing will show up dont worry all you do is press O.

and voila you should be all good to go and you are now at 1.50 firmware Hope this helps everyone if any further questions please feel free to ask them. Enjoy.

Also a side note. WHen you are ready to go to 3.03 OE-C (best firmware :)) Be sure to use Hexitnow's Winstaller its really very easy to use.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  13. rabascal

rabascal Member

Hello Koolyoe,

I appreciate the time you took to write the atep by step guide.

I will follow it step by step very carefully.

Once in 1.5 I will install 3.03 OE-C as your recommendation.

Thanks a lot again and I will post the results,

Rabasca.

14. rabascal

rabascal Member

Hello koolyoe,

I follow the instructions and I have the files in the PSP folders
    as required.

I disconnect the USB port, check 100% battery, check AC is plugged.

Go to Phote menu. There is a memory stick icon. Press X and there
    is no HEN_D icon. I took a look in youtube and over there in the
    same photo/memorystick folder the HEN-D icon is.

I take a look in my computer and the HEN-D file is not in any of the
    two folders either.

I am guessing I am looking in the wrong directory or doing something wrong.

Thank you,

rabascal.