1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BlACK SCREEN WHEN LOADING ISO'S ON 3.03OE-C

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by aplus15, Jun 28, 2007.

1. aplus15

aplus15 Member

Hello all....

This is my first time writing a thread on any website and I'm real new to this whole hooking up my psp thing....shows you how clueless I am right now when it comes to this. So here's the problem:
    I successfully installed 3.03oe-c on my psp. My UMD's GTA: LCS and MLB The Show 07 load and play fine but I just put an ISO into the ISO folder (as all the threads have said) and try loading it. Here's where the problem starts: During the loading process a black screen comes on and stays until I have to quit th game using the select button. WHAT DO I DO????
    Is it a bad firmare? Bad ISO download?
    I have NO UMD on disabled
    I have the speed at 266
    I'm reading threads on restoring factory settings and deleting "config.se" from flash1...
    Or is it just better to downgrade again to 1.5 and get devhook1...
    Please someone help

2. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

have you got a umd in when loading your iso's?
    and is it just one iso or more?

3. aplus15

aplus15 Member

Yes I used the demo umd that came with the psp...then used the GTA: LCS and the Mlb 07 the show

4. corchox

corchox Regular member

i have the same problem with this custom firmware it kinda sucks, 3.03 oe-c worked better. bleach 4 freezes and ratchet size matters gives me the black screen. i'll try to mess with the cpu speed and the 3.40 kernel option. any other suggestions?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  5. 9400

9400 Member

I had the same problem that you are having with Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. I tried it in 3.03 OEB, I tried it in DevHook with FWs 2.71, 2.8, 2.82 and 3.01. Nothing worked. As a last resort, I tried renaming it to a shorter filename (the original was 30 characters or so, had a website, username, region, game name etc). I called it, "GTALCS.iso" and it worked perfectly with the default iso loader in 3.03 OE. Try renaming it to something shorter, it works great now!

6. fish2121

fish2121 Member

i used to have this problem when loading iso's on 3.03OE-C i was told that the name of the iso/cso must not be more than 15 characters, most of the games that didnt work worked after i had shortened the name of the iso/cso file