1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black screen when pressing start on backup Wii games

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by tricklex, Sep 23, 2007.

1. tricklex

tricklex Member

Firstly - I know there are lots of existing threads with some reference to this issue but after a couple of weeks trying to get the issue resolved, I've about pulled all my hair out!

- PAL Wii V2.1 Firmware with WiiKey installed.
    - PAL ISO games sourced through Usenet.
    - Working on Apple Mac platform so bare with me.

Have ran Brick Blocker on mates PC and burnt ISO disk images on Mac using Dragon Burn at x4 speed with Lacie DVD Burner (Samsung drive I think). Have tried Datasafe DVD-R, PiData (Ritek Dye) DVD-R, Imation DVD-R and PiData (RiteK Dye) DVD+R media.

I've tried about 6/7 different games which were all listed as PAL. I've burnt around 20 disks of different kinds and at different speeds - all but one game (Sonic) do not work. They show up in the Wii menu but when I click start they just give blank screen.

I know that people say the Wii can be picky with it's media but this is getting ridiculous!

Any advice would be helpful to save my sanity.
    If you're just a useless joker please don't waste the time.

Cheers.

2. blazen92

blazen92 Regular member

Srry. cant help you there. My advice would be to burn at a slower speed.

3. alinares

alinares Regular member

run an update on your wii

cuz i had the same problem with mp3 it needed its own custom update to play on my wii....i ran region blocker on mp3 the first time and didn't work and then i made a 2nd backup of mp3 and updated my wii and i was able to play mp3.