1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackcats-games.net down?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by jimbo70, Jan 19, 2011.

1. jimbo70

jimbo70 Member

Is anyone else having issues with the blackcats site? I've been a member for a few years now in good standing. A couple days ago when I was browsing the site it kicked me out & I haven't been able to get back in since. It says acct disabled but contrary to what some will think there's no reason for it to be disabled. I have nearly a 2:1 share ratio & haven't done anything to bring on being booted. I've also been running the site through site checkers like http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ and it comes back saying it's up one time & down the next.

I haven't heard anyone else complaining about having issues with it but figured I'd check. Thanks.

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. TBandit

TBandit Regular member

Thought this site went down because the owner was using the donations for personal use.

4. ps355528

ps355528 Regular member

like all people making good profits from piracy.. they behave how they want and kick people for no reason at all from time to time.

every so often we get this with them.. so much so that now we just treat it as spam/piracy and ignore these topics.

5. NagaViper

NagaViper Member

Its like fox news in here..go get some real facts people. No issues here with the site.

6. DReapper

DReapper Member

Hi I just wanted to check my account tonight and my account has been disabled. Same story as everybody elses I keep reading had account in good standing. Global ratio was like 7 or 8 with my torrents seeding pretty much all the time. It would be nice to at least understand the reason behind getting disabled.

7. jimbo70

jimbo70 Member

Turned out mine was disabled because I used a VPN (and I didn't realize that was against the rules). You can try chatting with them on IRC to find out what happened to yours. Unfortunately the guys in charge at that site aren't very friendly/reasonable so don't get your hopes up on getting your account back (I didn't get mine back).

8. DReapper

DReapper Member

I dont know seems kinda of silly to let that kind of power get to your head. Would you know what server they are on because I never used the irc channel before.

thanks

Interesting you arent allowed to use a vpn. Was their a reason for that.

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  9. jimbo70

jimbo70 Member

This was copied from another site, should be helpful though.....

The main BCG IRC channel is #blackcats on irc.blackcats-games.net. This channel is usually accessible only to registered members. All non members are first taken to #waitingroom which is where you can request for invites (as i understand). Here is how you can join #waitingroom:

You’ll need to download an IRC client first. Web based IRC clients are banned from BCG as far as i know. I’d recommend you download and install mIRC.
    Once IRC client is set up, change you nickname to whatever nickname you want to have on BCG tracker (in mIRC, nickname can be changed in Tools—>Options menu.
    Join the BCG IRC channel. This is located on IRC server irc.blackcats-games.net:6667 and the channel name is #blackcats (non members will automatically be taken to #waitingroom). If you are using mIRC click on this direct link irc://irc.blackcats-games.net:6667/blackcats to instantly visit the channel.

10. DReapper

DReapper Member

alright thanks appreciate it. Maybe I can get some closure at lest after being with the site for so long.

11. NagaViper

NagaViper Member

Maybe if you guys read the rules of the site you would know such things. and ratio means jack shit

12. jimbo70

jimbo70 Member

Well I, like most normal people, don't generally bother reading TOS agreements & other things of the like & obviously not as smart as yourself. We figure if we just play fairly we're good to go. I've since moved on to other better private trackers & consider my being banned a learning experience. You have fun reading all the fine print on all the software you install & every website you go to.
    I'm pretty sure most other decent websites would be good with just giving a warning for inadvertently breaking a rule & give a person with a good track record a second chance.

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  13. NagaViper

NagaViper Member

So you dont like reading rules of trackers. Then BCG is not missing you.....and just cuz you may have a good ratio does not mean you are a good member. As you have just proven.

14. JonnyKwest

JonnyKwest Member

I think the same thing might have happened to me. Using a VPN, cuz now I cant even load the page. They must of done a ban wave. I also was unaware of the VPN situation. Ive always considered myself to be a good member. Had I been warned or something I would have definitely quit signing in remotely. Instead Im just kicked out and they change the locks? Thats horrible.

15. RunGMC

RunGMC Member

Just for everybody's information, the site is down at the moment but will be back up asap, just in case you were worried about being banned.

16. JonnyKwest

JonnyKwest Member

Oh thank goodness. I was going to say I dont get any weird errors except Unable to Connect, Problem loading Page. I feel a little better, but I havent been able to get in since Monday. Hopefully it will be back up and running soon.

17. deathinc1

deathinc1 Member

was wondering if site was down myself as i had words with cero days before

18. Nedrith

Nedrith Member

If you don't read the rules and get banned on a online game, will they unban you? likely not. You say if you don't read the rules and play fairly then you won't get banned, very true. However you can't exactly always play fairly without knowing what fair is. BCG has always upheld that individual torrent ratio is more important than global ratio.

BCG actually has really nice staff, it's just that they expect you to read the rules/FAQs that they worked so hard putting together. They are also not overly strict about enforcing many of the rules, minus those dealing with ratio, multi and proxies. I can say I have a account with them for about 4 years, not a single warning.

You would also be correct if you said I don't read all the rules/ToS of everything I agree to, however anything I use online for longer than a month or two that I really want to keep I do read. If I didn't read it and for example created a multi-account on a MMO that doesn't allow multiple accounts(a rules that does change from MMO to MMO) I wouldn't complain when I got banned for that either.

Recently signed up for a account at bakabt, the wiki/rules was one of the first things I read(I might add even before creating the account).

People blame the moderators/admins/owners way too much for mistakes that they make, when you agree to read something and don't read it don't complain when you get banned for breaking the agreement.

19. joonbugg

joonbugg Member

Just curious if the site is still down? I cant seem to get onto it.

20. deathinc1

deathinc1 Member

i can get on but not much else

21. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Member

Yeah, I get a damn error about being blocked. I didn't violate any rules, I had no hit n runs, and I had a ratio of 1.92

This bites.