1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blacklists

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by smyle1977, Aug 13, 2004.

1. smyle1977

smyle1977 Member

I know with dvdxcopy from 321, there is a blacklist of items that need to be removed or disabled in order for a good copy to be made, such as screensaver and antivirus software. Is there such a list with Shrink and Decrypter?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

The only apps that can really interfere with DVD Decrypter are the packet writing apps such as InCD, DLA, Drag to Disc or Windows IMAPI. They booger things up because they want constant access to the drive which gives Decrypter fits since it needs exclusive access to the drive to work.

I can't think of any apps that specifically interfere with Shrink since it doesn't actually burn. Some folks have had problems with antivirus, firewalls and other assorted nonsense running in the background so if you want to play it safe you can shut down what you can before doing your thing :)

3. smyle1977

smyle1977 Member

thanks for the info. I already had the writing apps removed from when I was using 321, but i haven't been disabling my antivirus. I probably will from now on, just to be safe like you said.