1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blade 7000HD

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by megsiemoo, Sep 22, 2011.

1. megsiemoo

megsiemoo Member

Has anybody used the new firmware dated 06.09.11 or should stick with the one dated 25.04.11

Any help whould be appreciated??

2. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

my advice, stick to your existing firmware (25.04.11).

The new firmware is a beta version. doesnt work that well with some routers (mainly Netgear), has been freezing, crashing on alot of people. Although it worked perfect for me on my Belkin Router, for 2 days, still there was some other minor problems so i reloaded the previous firmware (25.04.2011).

Of course if your curious, u can try the new beta version, wont do your box any harm, and if you come across too many problems then just reload the stable version of 25.04.11.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  3. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

So in a nutshell, if it aint broke, dont mess with it

4. Bazsutto

Bazsutto Member

I have been using new firmware since last sat and have no issues. Gerrard08 is correct in saying that the firmware has issues with netgear routers, but apart from this the image is stable. Only real addition is saving the epg on a hard drive / memory stick. If you can live without this then there really is no difference apart from the beta YouTube, which is finicky and doesnt always play the file you want.

5. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

iam not much for the youtube on it would of prefered to have utorrent built in the firmware that would be a good addition.