1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blade box advice

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by spiritwal, Jul 19, 2011.

1. spiritwal

spiritwal Member

hi all just a quickie, ive had starview boxes for years on cable and now they are down with nag 3 i need to ask a question.

will a blade sat hd box work as long as i install a sat dish? basically what esle do i need to make this box work, i assume the internet but do i have to card share or something like that ? all help would be great.

Regards in advance

spiritwalker

2. blue88

blue88 Member

yes you need a cardshare, read back through the threads for info>>

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  3. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

your blade will also need to be connected to a router otherwise you will only get fta channels.

4. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

help pls some1;

I have 2 blade hd boxes, 1 in living room, 2nd blade in bedroom, both connected to quad lnb/sly dish, both boxes have their own subs.

the problem i have is, when i power up the blade in bedroom, then i loose some channels on the other blade, not all channels are lost but only 6/8 channels, hd and non hd, and those lose channels signal become RED, but still showing 98% sig.

when i power off the blade in bedroom, all channels are restored in other blade. i have made sure cables are connected securely on both blades at back, have rebooted several times but made no difference.

could it be a faulty lnb? any help/advice appreciated...thanks.

5. cactikid

cactikid Active member

do they not show signal and level quality as in 2,have you checked all cables tight even on lnb.

6. blue88

blue88 Member

how do i know if my box is connected online, tryed putting in test cline and nothing happing,im on digweb i get 3mb download speed, and have cable coming from back of thomson router to my blade, any help.

7. e45

e45 Regular member

Hi m8 i think you need to go look at the tutorial and read it thru, after that you should have a better idea off how to get your box working.

This excellent tut from HiTeck is below.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-59/blade_media_7000s_stb_up_to_date_guide-897218/

8. blue88

blue88 Member

have read that, have firmware loaded, can get free to air channels, could it be a bad test line?

9. cactikid

cactikid Active member

have you rebooted box and router as in off for a few mins then on ,give it a few mins to get a net id .yep read hiteck,s guide.

10. e45

e45 Regular member

Is your test line showing on your box, are you using a direct feed from your router, or are you using another method; ?

11. blue88

blue88 Member

power on off got it going, thanks for your help lads. there is so much to take in i would be lost without yis.

12. e45

e45 Regular member

Glad you got it sorted happy viewing !

13. cactikid

cactikid Active member

as if everything could be fixed with a click of the switch.

14. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

has any1 bought the Blade COMBO yet? does that use the same firmware as the Blade 7000s or is there a firmware of its own for the combo?

15. cactikid

cactikid Active member

not sure someone said it did not work not compatible,so maybe there are 2 not seen them yet.

16. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

im just curious to know about the "Server Option" of 9991 on the combo, how are they getting around that?

17. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

seen it not sure on the firmware.one tuner is a dvb-s(satallite tv via dish)the other tuner is dvb-t(terrestrial tv like freeview box useless the firmware cracks topup tv)it is not a dvb-c (cable box)!! i should imagine it will have its own firmware for the dvb-t tuner.
    DVB-T is an abbreviation for Digital Video Broadcasting — Terrestrial; it is the DVB European-based consortium standard for the broadcast transmission of digital terrestrial television that was first published in 1997[1] and first broadcast in the UK in 1998.[2] This system transmits compressed digital audio, digital video and other data in an MPEG transport stream, using coded orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing (COFDM or OFDM) modulation.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  18. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

so its not compatible on cable side? i got the impression it was for both sat & cable

19. e45

e45 Regular member

It is both cable and sat, "but" where do you get the cable option from, they dont have a server, so what do you connect to, dont waste your money on a combo box when all you will get is FTA channels, the cheaper option is the sat end i would stick to that.

You wont be able to connect this box to either of the Sv or the Kv serv*** if this is what people are thinking.

20. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

well...i thought of buying the combo afew days ago, but the following put me offfff;

1: Which firmware it uses, is it the same as the 7000s?
    2: Would it have the "Server Option" of 9991