1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blade

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by welwyn, Jul 10, 2012.

1. welwyn

welwyn Regular member

hi does anybody know how to watch a blade recording on my pc
    thanks

2. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

welwyn, solution easy. check format of blade files on your usb or hdd and then find a transfer program

3. welwyn

welwyn Regular member

hi fintanni sorry im not understanding what you mean the files are fat32 but when i try to watch on my laptop windows does not respond

4. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

format of blade hdd formatted is fat 32, which i do not understand? if you are recording a film via blade to hdd (lets say a 3d film from sky 3d) some 3d films are larger than 32 gig, this is not a trick question i just dont understand why the blade doesnt format to ntfs,ext2,3 etc to accommodate for larger files,recordings in hd?

5. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

fat32 is a storage format but not the way files are looked at. so you have an mp3 file, you have an avi file etc.. these are usable files. explain not the blades storage device is formatted at but instead what the current file structure is so we can give advice on transfer program

6. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Also with FAT32 drive, the file size comes into play, a file of 4gb is the biggest size you can get onto it, NTFS etc allows bigger files sizes etc. You need to check the file type as Fint advises, a lot of boxs record in .TS format, your PC may not have the codec or player to decode this to view, so check this as this is key, if its .TS you can get VLC to play em

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/how_to_play_ts_files.cfm