1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blades of glory

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by lissarive, Aug 18, 2007.

1. res2cue

res2cue Guest

not sure why you made all this extra work for yourself, you could have used the free dvdfab HD decrypter and been done with it from the start.

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Or used the DVDFab Platinum up front and forgot about the rest.

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I can't think of a more roundabout method of doing a DVD than what willewill suggested. But at least he got r done. Whatever wags your wille; it was innovative.

Edit: I can remember Locoeng pointing out years ago that I didn't need to use DVD Decrypter and then Shrink and then Nero to burn to do a DVD. Shrink ripped just fine on it's own! LMAO

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  4. MikeO89

MikeO89 Member

I wouldn't exactly call it innovating. I would have used a different word.

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

It was innovative to him because it improved his capability to back up the DVD, to which he had not been able, finally.

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Back when Shrink and DVD Decrypter were still being supported, the author of Shrink suggested the use of Decrypter with troublesome releases. Shrink never was the best at decryption, even while supported. For the "sure thing" Decrypter was the weapon of choice for the longest. Shrink did most releases and will still do some releases alone. But the longer it goes, the more obsolete Shrink decryption becomes. However, as long as we need to shrink DVDs to fit DVD5, then there's still a place for Shrink.

7. mo4me

mo4me Member

Thanks everybody for the help.i did accomplish my goal using DVDFAB but i was wondering for future reference.Thanx evry1

8. bnboomer

bnboomer Member

9. bnboomer

bnboomer Member

Sorry about that. I had a problem, but forgot about using shrink. Easy peasee, nice and easy!!!
    Thanks for the help everyone

10. SillyStar

SillyStar Member

I can't remember what steps that I used but I was only able to get the main movie part no menu and no extras. I did try to take the <>out of the title before going forward when I used RipIt4Me 1.7.1.0
    I also have these programs that I always try if I can't get it to work some other way Dvd Shrink,DVD Decrypter,Vob Blanker,Fix VTS,and Dvd Fab Decrypter and still only got the main movie.

11. res2cue

res2cue Guest

not exactly sure of the problem you are having, but if you use dvdfab HD decrypter, I can assure you of a backup with all the extras.

12. NCCustom

NCCustom Guest

realy i dont care what you do you can take my name off this site ban my black Key my as* i dont care....
    the way i posted it works everyone i have been doing this for some time i seen this tread so i figger i would let you all know...
    for you creaky that is what virus scanners are for and to post what i did is good for some so thay dont have to pay for the stuped sh*t why pay for something when you can eather crack it or patch it or have a key for it its not agenst the law to shear progs its agenst the law to sell them so agine you can delete this band me if i want on this site all i have to do is make anther name i have mills of yahoo names and hundeds of hotmails you might be a admin but i know alot of sh*t and like i said take my name and scrap it i can come back with anther and anther and so on you dont scare me....
    so agine everyone dont waist your time trying that lame crap taken < > out it wont work i download progs and crack them and i tryed everything you can name but the HD way worked that was the only weay i found out that did.....

i don't know if anyone has found out how to do this movie yet or not but i have found out and thought i would shear it with you all
    **removed, again**
    and get DVDFab HD Decrypter v3.1.7.9 Beta

**removed, again**
    and get DVDFab Platinum V3.0.3

2, When you open DVDFabHD Decrypter it should read the DVD
    you can one click on the folder witch i do and select where you want the movie to go or you can click on the cd with the notepad beside it to make a iso

3, when then movie then gets done open DVDFab Platinum
    and load the movie where you shrinked it to as the source and then select where you wan't the movie to shrink to agine as the target
    When it gets done your ready to burn.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2007
  13. MikeO89

MikeO89 Member

Have you not read this thread? It's full of people who have been successful in burning this movie. Don't know why you're ranting.

As far as the "<>" deal. I was successful doing this but only after using Recode to open it when RipIt4Me got done with it (Shrink wouldn't for me but for some others it apparently has). It does make a difference because without removing the symbols RipIt4Me could do nothing with it at all. If it didn't work for you, you apparently did something wrong or it's something in your system, don't blame it on the ones that it did work for.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  14. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Indeed...

i hear it many times a day, it's the same old story accompanied by the same old band of violins, you'll get bored of it way before i do. As will the violinists' poor fingers.

God help anyone that ever gets any files off you, your code must be utterly atrocious as you can't spell for crap. In fact i'm surprised you can remember the passwords for your 'i have mills of yahoo names and hundeds of hotmails' for the same reason.

One of life's attention seekers has been set free to sin elsewhere, the thread may now continue..

15. MikeO89

MikeO89 Member

Amen, the truth shall set you free. Heh heh

16. FredBun

FredBun Active member

AnyDvd got updated today, anybody try anydvd and clone with this movie yet?

17. MikeO89

MikeO89 Member

Yep, it works fine. The AnyDVD update before the one today took care of it.

18. creaky

AnyDVD did indeed get updated today, to version 6.1.7.4 - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/560128

i haven't tried it as i don't use AnyDVD myself...

edit- MikeO89 beat me to it, and it was indeed a previous version that had been amended for Blades ..

19. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Alright, great, but wow I wonder why it took so long this time, with saw3 it took them a week, this one took several, hum!

20. creaky

i don't mind that the Slysoft people took their time, the DVDFab keyboards have been on overload for ages now so i'm happy :)

[​IMG]