1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blades of glory

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by lissarive, Aug 18, 2007.

1. MikeO89

MikeO89 Member

I don't normally use AnyDVD as a first choice but I do have it (purchased the whole pack) just in case. I do like having the tools at my disposal. I agree with Creaky about DVDFab. They are without a doubt the fastest updater of anyone. The only other one that could hold a candle to them in the speed update department was RipIt4Me but that's all done now. Fengtao is definitely on the stick!

2. res2cue

res2cue Guest

These large extended threads always seem to bring out the best in people...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2007
  3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Creaky pointed out there was all kinds of holes in NCCustoms claims. Looking at "the" formula, the only thing needed was the last program. DVD HD Decrypter is derived from the decryption programming used for DVDFab Platinum. So, why go through all those steps when the last program in "the" formula will do the whole job? It raises questions about how well the person understands software.

Blades of Glory is now easily do-able with a number of different programs. Good luck...

4. Kiddah

Kiddah Member

I Used The Latest Version Of DVD FabDecrypter 3.1.8.0
    So Far Its Workin Fine. Before It Would Freeze @ 21%. Now Im Half Way Done

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I needed to get my copy of Blades of Glory back and do a little testing before commenting further on RI4M. First time I used the 1-Click mode RI4M did the rip automatically and opened up in Shrink without a problem. The transcoding was done in Shrink, Shrink created an ISO and was burned with ImgBurn. I got the Full DVD and it worked the way it's supposed to. I did remove the French and Spanish to lower compression. Still a bit high on compression (67%), but okay using the Quality Settings. RI4M did Blades of Glory using the 1-Click mode, so the program is still batting 100%.

The syntax issue with the <> symbols in the folder label caused the program to replace the label with NO_LABEL. Not a problem because a folder can be burned with the label NO_LABEL. RipIt4Me worked, Shrink did the transcode, and ImgBurn did the burn. RI4M needed no editing to work in the 1-Click mode.

Then I went back and used the Wizard mode. Here RI4M said it couldn't create the folder named <BLADES_OF_GLORY_16X9>. It was necessary to remove the <> symbols to correct the syntax. Once that was done I went through all the Wizard steps and the files opened in Shrink. I closed down Shrink and used the files in Rebuilder. The ripped files worked the way they were supposed to. The files ripped by both modes were identical, except for the folder name.

An interesting thing happened. Trying again to use the 1-Click mode failed with the error that the program couldn't create the directory folder (same as in the Wizard mode). I suspect the program stores info in memory that brought the error warning up. I'm not familiar with where all the files are hidden, so I couldn't clear the system to repeat how the 1-Click worked the first time. I got RI4M to work in both modes, but not able to repeat the 1-Click after running the Wizard. Both backups using rips in Full DVD play perfect.

Sort of a waste of time, but I hadn't noticed anyone mention the way RI4M was working (except the <> symbols could be edited out. The editing of the <> symbols is done in the Wizard mode.

6. SillyStar

SillyStar Member

The files that you are wanting to know where they go.At least on my computer the way it is set up are going into this folder C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\RipIt4Me, hope this helps you some.I didn't know that everytime I did a movie those files were going there but somehow I found them one time. Every movie I had ever done with that program was still in that folder so I had alot of deleting to do,LOL.

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I'm familiar with those. On XP Pro the directory is C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\Application Data\RipIt4Me (the x(s) replace my name for the user account). Application Data is normally a hidden folder unless the user selects show hidden folders.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  8. SillyStar

SillyStar Member

Oh ok, Sorry.

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

No need to be sorry. Thanks for the input. You had no way of knowing whether I knew the location of the Applications folder with the logs or not.

10. Rol87

Rol87 Guest

spam removed

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2007