1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blades of glory

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by lissarive, Aug 18, 2007.

1. MarsLife

MarsLife Member

whoops...
    [​IMG] for utter buffoonery[/quote]

*Applauds*

2. burner900

burner900 Member

dude, u r a genius. been working on it for a week. almost gave up on it. thought it was a bad pressed. started reading the threads but didnt see urs until today. thanks a lot.

3. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Blades has 3 main titles just use the first one, nero recode, anydvd, main movie only, forget the extras sorry if got in a little late, this way might be a repeat please don't be mad at me, AD

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're right and it's late. Creaky mentioned the movie only method early on. Plus, there are different ways of doing it successfully for those who like Movie + Menus, and Full DVD. Blades of Glory is no longer anything special. It actually got solved quicker than some I've seen in the past.

The newer copy protections try to effect DVD file compliance. This instance used title syntax to force an error. The movie industry's minions are just reminding us they're still there. ;)

5. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

I just got the movie last weekend so I just threw in my 2 cents ...easy

6. CrzyGrl32

CrzyGrl32 Guest

I just copied this movie tonight with DVDFab HD Decrypter and CloneDVD2 and it worked perfectly.

7. res2cue

res2cue Guest

that method has worked perfectly since day one, I'm surprised this movie has caused such an uproar. I guess if you are unwilling to try different ways of doing things this is what happens.

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

DVDIdle did have to do an update. It wasn't working right from the start. Slysoft was even slower hitting the mark. For the first time, RipIt4Me is requiring editing to work properly. But most of the suppliers that are still supporting decryption software are pretty much up to speed now. Blades of Glory wasn't one of the more difficult movies, but for doing Full DVD it posed a problem for those depending on supported software. Of course the Movie Only which Creaky went over works most of the time and did so with this release as well.

rbrock
    No reason to say easy. You already suspected you were late to the thread. I was simply agreeing with you. ;)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  9. NatB217

NatB217 Member

I think it's funny how they try to stump people with the simplest things. I am still having problems with the dvd, but I have gotten farther than my mom has with it. I am going to try some of the methods listed until I find on that works. Blades of Glory is the only movie that I have had problems with so far.

10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

man why are we re hashing all this didn't anyone read the first two pages of this thread

11. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Shades of "Click" and Saw 1-3, the lemmings are ammassing again, stay clear of the cliffs. Now if we can just make them use the search button before they log in to post another how to copy this movie thread.

12. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

..is why i'm trying to keep only 1 thread for each (allegedly) troublesome movie release, instead of multiple threads. It's working much better (than numerous threads) judging by the posts of a few of the newcomers replies in this very thread, so i'll endeavour to keep just 1 big thread for future movie threads..

13. res2cue

res2cue Guest

@creaky

you must have aspirations of making this a full time job. Good luck keeping those threads in check!

14. creaky

Am used to doing the same things around other forums, it's just time to make the DVD forums more efficient :)

15. Shugiam

Shugiam Member

I used ripit4me, took off the <> off the title where I saved it and it worked great

16. mo4me

mo4me Member

how do you take the <> out of the title using DVDFAB?

17. creaky

you only do that with ripit4me i think; DVDFab should do the movie as normal, both in full disc and movie only modes

18. MikeO89

MikeO89 Member

Seems there is more going on with this movie (at least for me) regarding RipIt4Me than just removing the < and >. I did that and ran movie only. DVDD went through it fine but after "Do it" got the "possible scratch ..." message. Tried re-ripping (after cleaning disk) but kept getting IO errors. I gave up on that attempt and then tried RipIt4Me again on Full DVD. DVDD did it's thing again and I got no "possible scatch ..." message (after clicking "Do it"). Cleaned up VOBS. Then when trying to open DVD Shrink got this message, "Failed to open file "...\BLADES_OF_GLORY_4X3\VTS_08_6.VOB, The system cannot find specified".

I then tried to open this exact same VIDEO_TS folder with Recode and Recode had no problems opening it.

Just for the hell of it, I ran the movie again from scratch through DVDFab and DVDFab had no problems with it at all and then DVD Shrink would open it.

I've seen posts of others having no problems running this movie through RipIt4Me (with DVD Shrink) so it's got me scratching my head a bit. I could get a copy out of RipIt4Me but only by going "Full DVD" and only using Recode and not DVD Shrink. A bit strange. Going the other route with DVDFab and DVD Shrink was trouble free.

19. willewill

willewill Guest

Hey everyone, I've been reading the forusm for years to help me out with problems; I figured that I would give back a little.

shrink w/anydvd wouldn't work for me, ripti4 would not work.But this works. I followed rammstein idea, but i made some changes.

1. make two folder on the harddrive. blades of glory and blades of glory 2

2. I used dvdfab platinum.

3. for source fined the dvd, for target go to the blades of glory you created. on the left chose main movie and hit start.

Now I don't know all the technical reasons for this but I have a knack for noticing patterns, an this is what I noticed with delta farce,once your able to copy the main movie onto your pc, it will by pass the copy guards.
    4. go back to dvdfab and pick full disc. for target pick blades of glory 2. and hit start. the file will copy.

5. I used the rip4me w/dvd decrypter, followed all the steps, open it into dvd shrink, shrinked it , burned it and things were good.

I've tried every step I in found in this forum and what I've outlined works. Let me think everyone who posted something because it's helped me in some way. ireland and rammstein mostly

20. MikeO89

MikeO89 Member

Hey Willie, I have no idea what you just said. If you are cracking the movie already with DVDFab, you sure don't then need to run it through RipIt4Me cause it's already cracked. Once DVDFab got done with it, run it through DVD Shrink or finish it through DVD Platinum and you're done. Still have no idea why you made a movie folder and then a full disk folder and then tied all that to RipIt4Me.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007