1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blank DVD+R DL list

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by JMST, Jan 13, 2007.

1. JMST

JMST Member

Hi

before i begin i have looked through a few pages in search of a list that shows which blank dual layer discs work with the 360 but i have had no luck hence the creation of this thread.

obviously verbatims are the best and most reliable discs to use but there price tag is pretty high.

ive heard people have success with ritek and meromax (sorry bout spelling) so basically im asking you all which media (apart from verbatims) have you had successful backups with

P.S. i saw in a 360 firware tutorial that flashing your drive with xrtreme 5.2b loaded backup games slower but was able to read cheaper dual layer backups easier as well. can anyone confirm this

2. mufaa

mufaa Regular member

I have used:

Sony
    Phillips
    Imation
    Riadata

Thats all before i found out where i can find Verbatims over here. And surprisingly, i found the price to be way cheaper then the ones mentioned above.

I have also read that Memorax has worked for many.

Oh and not to forget, i have a Hitachi drive.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  3. JMST

JMST Member

you mentioned you used

Sony
    Phillips
    Imation
    Riadata

when you did use those brands, did they all always work flawlessly or was it hit and miss?

also a link to where i could get cheap verbatims would be VERY nice :D

4. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

if cheap is what you are looking for then go for PLAYO DL for 2o for $20 shipped form newegg.com

i heard they are bad though

5. JMST

JMST Member

........when i said cheap i assumed people would mention disc that worked for them in there experience or have atleast had good recommendations from other sources.

please only comment on blanks that have worked for you in your own experience or a friends

6. JMST

JMST Member

i just bought a few infiniti discs on ebay after a few recommendations. i will post here as soon as i find out if they worked well or not

7. flowfast

flowfast Regular member

MEMOREX DVD+R DL works fine on my Sammy

8. techguy26

techguy26 Regular member

I use verbatims exclusively, best buy has them on sale every 2 to 3 weeks for 39.99 for a 25 pack. and thats really a great price.

9. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

i am not sure how many people here are from canada, or how they feel about futureshop.ca, but they have verbatims on sale this week, 25 for 20, or vice versa.

10. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

i am not sure how many people here are from canada, or how they feel about futureshop.ca, but they have verbatims on sale this week, 25 for 20, or vice versa.

11. Memnock

Memnock Active member

I re-flashed my Sammy with 5.2b and it's now reading craptasic Windata media from Microcenter flawlessly. These things are just $1 a disc. It often wouldn't read Memorex before I flashed to 5.2b.

12. JMST

JMST Member

memnock, that is just what i wanted to hear from someone. thank you soooooo much. ive got a few places i can buy craptastic media for a excellent price

13. mrstring

mrstring Guest

i use ridisc xtreme, never had a coaster yet. there about 18 quid over here for 25

14. sj512

sj512 Guest