1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blank media for old dvd player

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cadem, Aug 21, 2004.

1. cadem

cadem Member

Hi, I am still a total newbie at this. I have an old Toshiba SD-3109 dvd player, and was wondering if I need to purchase certain kind of blank media for burned dvd's to work on it. I have read a lot of posts and people have had good experiences with some and bad with others. I have heard that Ritek works good, but there are a ton of different kinds of Riteks out there. Any suggestions? I really like my dvd player, but if it's outdated then I will buy a new one if I have to. Thanks in advance for any input.

2. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

Most older players do play DVD-R.

which media is available to you locally?, we can go from there

3. michigan

michigan Guest

Ritek "branded" are called Ridata thats the monsters that you want. They are very compatible

4. cruester

cruester Member

Toshiba's support DVD-R. My old Toshiba won't play DVD+R. Go to www.meritline.com and buy branded Ritek like michigan said and get DVD-R.

5. cadem

cadem Member

Thanks for the advice guys. I checked out www.meritline.com and ordered- Dual-Sample: Two Ritek G04 4X DVD-R (Ridata Branded) Discs (102-238) in Dual DVD Case (153-017), Free Ground Shipping. Its only $3.75 for two, so if it doesn't work out then at least I won't lose too much, and can try another if I have problems. But sounds like I shouldnt have any problems with these babies. Im hoping that with DVD Shrink, Decrypter, and the new Riteks I should be all set with my backup DVDs. If I am missing something please let me know. Thanks again for all your advice.

6. michigan

michigan Guest

You should be all set.