1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blank Recovery

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by assadi84, Jul 28, 2007.

1. assadi84

assadi84 Regular member

I tried a couple of times with different PSPs, when i try to get to the recovery page, while holding the R trigger when switching it on, i do get a black blank screen, and then it wont turn off unless i force it by holding the power button for 5 sec, then if i start it, it would start normally, this happens while using the CFW 3.40 OE

2. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

did u, in a vain attempt at freeing up flash space, delete the kd folder?

3. assadi84

assadi84 Regular member

i never went near any flash and actually i dont even know how to access them :S so probably i didnt delete any folders, may it be due to that i use an easy installer to upgrade, cuz i questioned the size of the installer, its 18.2MB, while a normal updating, u have to get the 3.40 update and the 1.5 update, which the total will be 34.2MB !!

4. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

the size is affected because it only uses a 1.50 subset, not the whole thing.
    back to ur problem. i would say take out the battery and put it back in then try booting recovery. or...
    try using the easy installer for 3.51 M33, another custom firmware. i think a custom firmware reinstall may fix ur recovery woes...
    search these forums, theres an easy installer.

5. assadi84

assadi84 Regular member

I was thinking of going to the 3.51 or 3.52 CFW, but wanna stick to OE till the M33 would get more stable, anyway, i was just wondering about the recovery, didnt actually need it yet.. and i also noticed that some people say you need to hold the L trigger while most people say you need to hold the R trigger, i didnt yet tried the L trigger, maybe that would work for me..

6. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

no im saying go to M33 to recover back to 1.50, then reinstall any custom firmware u want.

7. assadi84

assadi84 Regular member

well, i believe that if there is something wrong, the its with the 3.40 OE-A that i have, cuz i did downgrade and upgrade to this CFW for 10+ PSPs, and all the same thing, no recovery, and i didnt face any problems with the 3.40 OE-A, only that i once wanted to check and run a game without a umd, and i know how to do it, except the recovery never showed up, and i tried this with the other psp and all the same

8. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

9. assadi84

assadi84 Regular member

Thx, i will try it.

10. assadi84

assadi84 Regular member

In that site, the first step is to copy the "340oeflasher" and "340oeflasher%" to the psp, then run the easy installer, but the installer i had, once the psp is at 1.5 FW, i just run the installer and it would do everything.. Maybe that might be why i cant get a recovery page

11. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

maybe..
    once u run it, its just a regular flasher tho