1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blank screen playing games off USB HD

Discussion in 'PS2' started by spikr77, Apr 7, 2007.

1. spikr77

spikr77 Member

Hello all, I am very new here and have been reading many posts to get my slim PS2 reading from a USB hard drive. I was given a slim PS2 (I think it's version 12 or 13). I ordered Swap Magic 3.6 with a flip top and installed that. I then got swap magic to boot some ELF's off my usb hard drive. So as of now I boot up swap magic, then I have 3 ELF to boot from. Which I use the Up+L1 etc to launch. So I then launch USBAdvance which will see 2 games that I currently have on my USB hard drive (which I used USB Exreme) to convert a PS2 game onto the hard drive. Now when I click either of the games it just goes to a blank screen (black) and stays there. The two games are Juiced and Guitar Hero II. Now I have read a couple posts about some games needing to be patched when being played off a hard drive but I can't seem to find anything that confirms that. So that is why I have posted this, anybody know if I can fix this problem? Or do some games just work and others don't? Thanks in adavance for the help.

2. tonyboy77

tonyboy77 Member

Check out THIS site for a list of games that work with usb hd.

3. simmo2302

simmo2302 Regular member

hate to ruin the party but that link only goes to a diff forums sub board, it doesnt point to the thread needed.

jaydium list

this is a list of all games that do and do not work with usbextreme.

doesn't mean that a game will not work with a different hdd program.

but it will give u an idea if game will run from HDD, or if it will need patching or something else done to it first.