1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blank video after using tmpgenc

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by nmayotte, Feb 12, 2004.

1. nmayotte

nmayotte Member

I have a movie that I'm trying to make a vcd out of. Its encoded with xvid and ac3. So I use virtualdub and headache to do the sound, which works fine. Then I use tmpgenc to convert the .avi and the .wav files to .mpg and the resulting video is just black, but the sound is there, only no video. What can I do to fix this? I think theres a post that says what to do if this happens but I couldn't find it..

edit oh yeah, another thing, when I selected the source range in tmpgenc it came up with an error saying "Invalid pointer operation" does that have anything to do with this?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2004
  2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Try this ...Go to "Options" to "Enviromental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the Priority of the "Direct Show Multi-media File Reader" to "2", This should Make it so there is an Image the next time you encode the File...If you do not see any Video in the Tmpgenc Preview Screen which encodeing then there will not be any Video in the Mpeg file....Cheers