1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blaster 360 and Hitachi 0078fk help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mperagine, Sep 25, 2007.

1. mperagine

mperagine Regular member

Ok, I am ahving a bit of a problem understanding how to get my Hitachi drive into mode B using a blaster 360, and was wondering if anyone would be able to help me. I have previosly flashed two Smasungs that both died, so I am not a complete noob, I have just never flashed a Hitachi drive before, and in my research have found that the 0078fk are more difficult. I have the Blaster Next Edition hooked up correctly and functioning properly. But the tutorial on the Team Xecutor website http://www.team-xecuter.com/blaster360/hitachi078.htm][/url] says not to hook up both the Blaster 360 power and the Xbox power at the same time. Well, my question is how am I to keep the drive powered up when i restart my PC so it remains in mode B. It does say in the tutorial to us a Molex PSU hooked up to the Blaster 360, but i don't know how it would be hooked up to the Blaster as there is only one place to plug anything into, and it is where the SATA cord is run to the PC. If anyone has experience with this I would appreciate a quick line knowing if it is safe to boot them both together using the 360's native power supply as seen in various videos that showed the connectivity kit being used to perform the flash on a 0078fk. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give me.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  2. mperagine

mperagine Regular member

oops

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  3. mperagine

mperagine Regular member

nevermind got it working...the new Blaster does not require an external power source to run, it runs off of the 360's power...

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007