1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blaster 360 screwed up my Xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Pittfan, May 9, 2007.

1. Pittfan

Pittfan Regular member

I used the Blaster 360 on my computer with a 4 pin connection to see if it worked system light turned blue " flash mode" , shut down the xbox 360 hooked it up to my TV " blaster 360" should default back to regular gaming mode but it is stuck on the flash mode ... i have tried everything to fix it , i even took the blaster 360 out and hooked up the DVD Rom back to the 360 but now i get the flashing light in the (.) <360 and i'm getting error code 65 .. every time i power on the 360 it stays in flash mode "blinking light" , anyone know how to fix this or am i screwed ? any help greatly appreciated
    Thanks Pittfan

2. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

i think a 0800 disc! try it

3. Pittfan

Pittfan Regular member

I tried the 0800 disc and it sees the SATA but all i get is Port: 6800 Master/Slave ao code... Any other suggestions ?

4. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

i had this when i installed my blaster. i could not fix it and had to buy a new DVD drive.
    It wouldnt let me reflash it to original or xtreme :-/

5. Pittfan

Pittfan Regular member

Fuk man thats bad news . :( Well i better look for a new drive then

6. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

someone may hopefully tell you how to fix it, but i did try for a good few days before giving up.
    i ended up paying £50 for an ms25 off ebay :-/

7. Pittfan

Pittfan Regular member

I think i'm gonna give up ... If it wore to work it would've let me flash it by now . thanks for the comment , made me re-think how much time i was putting into fixing this thing .

8. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

I want to buy something like this because I will hate taking apart my 360 everytime a new firmware comes out. I have been reading on some forums that all of the trouble people have been having with the blaster 360 are caused by installer errors....but it seems kinda fishy because there are so many complaints about this product. I'm almost ready to go ahead and buy the Xeno Top Gear version because I haven't been reading many complaints about it, but on the other hand, it is labeled as a clone, it looks like it has lower quality than the blaster 360, and it costs a lot less than the blaster 360 for reasons I can't figure out. Should I get the Xeno Top Gear or just wait until something better comes along??

9. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

@ pittfan

I spent about 5 days pulling my hair out trying to fix mine and it was all wasted effort, i hope you dont go through the same :)

@ raysuave

I also read the malfunctions were install error but i am 99.9999% that i put mine in correctly.
    They replaced my blaster for me but it is still sitting the box as i refuse to put it in now incase it too is faulty and ruins my dvd drive again.
    I'd rather just spend the 5 mins taking it apart now :)

10. Pittfan

Pittfan Regular member

raysuave , I Don't know what to tell you bud. I have modded many xbox 360's Samsungand Hitachi drives and never had this problem. Maybe you'll have better luck who knows

11. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

dang that was a suxor!

12. aerocake

aerocake Member

Brought a blaster, fitted no problem, all seemed fine, but could not actually connect to PC. Spent days trying different settings as I have an MS28, which are known to be problamatic, about to give up, opened 360 to check all okay, decided to connect xbox drive directly whilst i had it open and voila, worked no problems.

Even after I had flashed the drive I still could not get the pc to see my XBox drive in dos or windows. Got completely fed up & removed my Blaster, waiting to send it back, what a waste of time and money.

These are not difficult to install, connections are not tricky, I am 100% positive it was installed correctly.

13. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

i guess 50% chance of them working there are so much reported problems!