1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blaster 360 -what it does

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by svnight, Oct 20, 2007.

1. svnight

svnight Guest

As you can see by my status I am a newbie. This also applies to my intelligence. I have an xbox 360 and i am thinking about buying a blaster 360. I have no questions on the drive of the xbox 360 or on how to install the blaster 360. My question is once properly attached, what do you do with the blaster 360. How do you flash your firmware? What is the point of this? How does this tie into home brewed games? How does the blaster 360 function with xbox live? How do you make home brews work on xbox 360? (if u cannot answer this, excuse my stupidity). Do you need any wire or cables to properly use the blaster 360? (i.e. wires to attached the xbox 360 to the computer) Thanks.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

wow, quite a few questions. Let see if we can cover them for you.

How do you flash your firmware? By hooking an SATA cable between the blaster 360 and your PC and using the flash programd you get for your PC to flash the 360 drive.

What is the point of this?
    To play back up copies of your games.

How does this tie into home brewed games?
    It doesn't because as of yet there are no homebrew applications for the 360. That will come later down the road.

How does the blaster 360 function with xbox live?
    It has nothing to do with XBL, just flashing.

How do you make home brews work on xbox 360? (if u cannot answer this, excuse my stupidity).
    As above, right now you don't.

Do you need any wire or cables to properly use the blaster 360? (i.e. wires to attached the xbox 360 to the computer)
    Yes, you need SATA cables and a compatible SATA chipset in your PC. If your PC doesn't have SATA or a compatible chipset then you can buy an SATA card that goes into a PCI slot on your PC the will work for about $15

Hopefully that gets you started. Flashing is good for one thing and one thing only at the present time. Playing back up copies. If will give you nothing else and no added features. The advantage of the Blaster 360 is that once installed you can flash with updated firmware without having to open your console each time to do it.