1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blaster 360 / Xbox Live Question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by drizzamed, Jan 6, 2008.

1. drizzamed

drizzamed Member

I got my blaster360 mod in but I have a question I would like answered before I install it.

Once blaster is installed and I choose to play an original game to get on live, can I turn the mod off so my live account doesn't get banned or is it just the fact that my xbox is modded that my account can be banned even though I would be playing an original game?

This then will lead to stealth patching backups etc, but I'm not concerned with that at the moment. I would just like to have my 360 modded without having my live account banned.

2. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

well to start with the blaster 360 does not mod your system, it helps in modding and thats it.
    you will still have to flash the firmware on in the dvd drive of the 360.
    after the flash, with the blaster installed you cant cut the flash off, the only thing you could do is re flash the drive, and with the blaster you dont have to take the case off.
    so it saves you about 2 min.

3. drizzamed

drizzamed Member

That's nice information to know and understand, but that doesn't quite answer my question.

Will I be banned playing an original game on xbox live with a modded xbox or does it only affect the backed up games?

4. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

first off they dont ban your live account, its the xbox 360 that gets banned.
    know one knows for sure how its all detected, and there is no way to no for sure if you will be banned or not.
    the safest way would prob be, play backups offline and originals online.

5. TheNubb

TheNubb Member

Yeah i flashed my 360 (hitachi) with the new i-xtreme v1.2 andi havent gottten banned but before when i have my samsung (ms28) i was playing halo3 two days earily and they cought me they asked me where i got the game and i told them that i bought it off ebay (but i really burned it)
    the modderator then told me that i had a "Flashed moddefied xbox 360 console" and that they were going to ban me but i was only banned for two days so i guess they can detect the firmware but your probably not gonna get banned ms is gay anyway

6. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

i guess.

7. mjfouline

mjfouline Guest

why does veryone on this foru give flase informations to people

no matter what heppen playin a backup is palyin a backup.

playin it offline and playin it online does the same thing

when a game is loaded up the xbox creates a log.

whether your offline or onine.

if u play a bad backup offline and sign inot xbox live then the log will still be sent to M$ no matter what

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2008
  8. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

give your info if you want, thats up to you but i dont feel i gave veryone on this foru flase information i simply give him my opinion, if you want to give your opinion thats fine but dont crap on me for my input!

9. mjfouline

mjfouline Guest

ok let me rephrase

why does almost everyone in the 360 discusion give flash information to people

it is not safe to play backups offline.

its the same as online.

poeple say play only offline almost evey other day whenthis question comes up

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2008
  10. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

thank you.