1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blaster CK3 Package, worth it?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by nyder, Nov 3, 2009.

1. nyder

nyder Guest

Hello.

I'm finally getting around to flashing my liteon DVD drive in my 360, and there's so much different info and me being dyslexic, I get confused. lol

I saw the Blaster CK3 package (http://www.modchip.ca/store/product.php?productid=16649&cat=284&page=1) and was wondering if it was worth it, if all the extras is really needed?

I know I need a probe (at the very least), and on the same site, they have a few different items.

Will I need to keep updating my firmware?
    Will I need to keep getting into the 360 without the Blaster CK3?

I don't care about making backups, just being able to play them. Will I need to remove my DVD drive / plug it into my computer still?

My motherboard in my computer (Asus Rampage Extreme II) has sata built in, if I do need to plug my liteon into my computer, will should that be fine?

While I don't mind spending the money on the Blaster CK3 kit, if i'm only using it once, that seems a bit much. I can make my own probe, and manually eject it and that stuff if I only need to do it once.

Also, a question i haven't seen answered, once you get your keys from the liteon drive, you don't need to get those keys again, correct? (as long as you save the file?)

I have a jasper arcade 360 that was made in dec 2008 I think. It has the first liteon drive in it, though I haven't confirmed with opening it yet.

appreciate any help.
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. miketrev

miketrev Regular member

You just need the Probe (which you can build yourself for a couple of quid) & a compatible sata chipset / PCI card. The easiest part of flashing a xbox is opening so I wouldn't waste your money on it.

You can power your drive from the xbox, so you don't need any kind of adaptor (Regardless of what a particular troll is saying ATM).

Once you have the equipment, follow THIS guide to the letter and let us know if you have any problems.

You will have to update your firmware every few months or so, just to keep up with the latest security.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  4. leerage

leerage Regular member

The blaster makes it so you don't have to open your console to flash new firmware. Personally, I feel that it is a waste of money as it really isn't hard to open your XBOX 360.

If you have a 74850C Lite-ON, you can go that route Purchasing a CK3 Lite/Pro with probe to dump the DVDkey. Or if you are good with soldering, you can make your own probe and use the XBOX 360 to power your drive.

There are firmware updates so you will have to update your firmware. So far there has been 3 this year.

The Blaster will allow you to flash your 360 without opening your console.

If you make your own rips, you can use a Kreon DVD drive or your own 360 DVD drive.

You will need to try it out. Either it works or it doesn't. If it doesn't, you will need to purchase a VIA SATA card with the 6421 chipset.

There is a tutorial in the ultimate sticky of this forum on how to make your own probe.

Correct. Make sure you save your dummy.bin.

That sounds right for Dec 2008. I'm betting it has a 74850C Lite-ON

If in fact you do have the 74850C, you can use the Jungle Flasher tutorial or the "Lite-ON" tutorial linked in my signature.

There is a certain troll who lurks here that tries to dismantle my posts. I will go ahead and give you this info and you can take it how you want. Although no physical evidence is presented in the thread, I thought I'd mention it so I don't get flamed.

http://www.360mods.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=19345
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  5. dred05

dred05 Guest

leerage is an amateur and should not to be taken serious ..

use a connectivity kit ($ 30) to avoid a possible ban from Xbox Live.
  6. wabashman

wabashman Active member

the blaster has been a waste of money for the last 2 years. new FW comes out what, like twice a year on average? taking the console apart takes what, 5 minutes tops. spend your money on verbs instead, at least you will get something useful out of it.

also, dred, your a freaking tool.
  7. miketrev

miketrev Regular member

Listen dred, I said I wouldn't respond to you again, but I've simply had enough of your dumbass "I KNOW IT ALL" attitude. Just because you think you are right (because you read a single article on a web site), doesn't mean you are.

I have flashed lots of box and all but 1 are NOT banned (and thats my pre-release box). I have freinds that have done the same with no ban. There are plenty of people in the Banning Wave thread that mod without power and their not banned.

Leerage is a GOD on here and without him, myself and lots of other would of bricked our xbox's,lost our drive keys, been banned or never been able spoof that drive.

I haven't seen you come out with any decent advice yet, your a n00b. I must admit, I don't like you one bit!

Get Lost!

@ mods, sorry for the rant. I promise I'll ignore him from now on.
  8. qwert99

qwert99 Regular member

9. dred05

dred05 Guest

right, ignore this warning (with proof) also you didn't read the Forum Rules (particularly #6).

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/190505

what I said about leerage is an amateur is true, read:

[​IMG]

basically leerage admits that the use of the connectivity kit is necessary and now is claiming not haven't said this information.
  10. wabashman

wabashman Active member

he does not claim it is necessary to buy one. he stated that if you BUY THE PROBE, THEN YOU MUST BUY THE CONNECTIVITY KIT. by all means, if you can figure out a way to use the probe by itself the go for it. but a probe is absolutely useless without the connectivity kit. once again, you are wrong, so who about you stop posting.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  11. qwert99

qwert99 Regular member

12. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

dred05 - still trolling and winding up the regulars i see; disinformation is always a tactic used by feeble minded people when they don't get people to agree with them. Which reminds me ~ http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/800567/4905177

It's time you started to post constructively/accurately, or not at all, however your trolling/disinformation will no longer be tolerated.
  13. dred05

dred05 Guest

sorry, I have gone too far regarding this, there is a lot of misinformation on the internet and no-one can claim it holds the truth .. there are a couple of posters on this forum that are sceptical towards new members and don't believe even though I have solid evidence.

http://www.360mods.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=19345&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
  14. atulai

atulai Member

This is damn confusing. I thought the "Probe" comes in the same package as the "CK3 power converter".

You only need the power converter, and only if you don't want to use the 360 to power the drive. So you don't need it and it's only for convenience. If you plan on doing many drives then this convenience may be worth it.

If everyone's calling the power converter the "Probe" that just CRAZY.
  15. wabashman

wabashman Active member

there are two parts to the product. part one is the main ck3 connectivity part, and then the add-on probe that is used for the 7xxx series lite-on drives. once you are done with the LO, you can turn around and use the connectivity part to power any other drives so you dont need to have the console sitting next to your computer while flashing.
  16. leerage

leerage Regular member

If you purchase the CK3 probe, you MUST purchase the CK3 Lite or PRO. Someone keeps twisting around my words so I could see how it could get confusing.

If you purchase this:
    [​IMG]

You must 1 of these connectivity kits as they are used in conjunction:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  17. nyder

nyder Guest

sorry I didn't get back sooner.

thanks for all your posts, I decided you were correct, be smarter (and cheaper) to build my own.

I am also installing the JTAG hack, so I can run homebrew, so I am going to do this all at once.

thanks again.
  18. Xan21

Xan21 Regular member

Good idea ;)
  19. 1DART

1DART Member

Hi new to this.yes im a noobb
    got my hands on a ck3 blaster kit (free) and so i got it into the xbox .i have a benq drive and was looking to connect it through my laptop but you only use the usb cable if you have a liteon (think i am correct in this).My laptop doesnt have a sata connection just sd and usb as far as i can see.So i have a few questions
    1.how can i connect it to my laptop.
    2.do i need anything else on my laptop i think you need iextreme or jungleflasher do you need any other items.
    your help greatly appreciated