1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blockbuster New Security Measures

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by acycler, Nov 23, 2004.

1. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

2. bigdm

bigdm Member

I was able to backup 2 of the new release DVDs you listed with no problem but none of the DVDs had this protective label. None of the movies I backed up were rented from the Blockbuster store. Could it be that the stores are the first to add the extra protection?

I am not sure how that label would prevent anyone from copying a DVD but what if they made some other changes to the disc that acycler and his friend are not aware of. It is possible that a company could come up with some kind of copy right potection to slow us down until better sotware is created to break the code.

If you rented DVDs at Blockbuster store or rented ONLINE with the special labels can you tell us whether or not you had problems backing up the DVDs.

Acycler, where do you live. They could be doing regional testing of the product.

bigdm

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Could be he is also on crack!! LOL

If you can play it can be copied the only way they could copy protect a disk is to come out with some new encryption process. Which by the way would cost into the Trillions to do, and for what? Some computer geek (ha ha that’s me) would just crack it again anyway. Also I don't think the public would all go out and buy new DVD players either just so they can play the new encryption. There is one way Block Buster could protect them, they could stick that security label on the side you read the data/movie from of course you wouldn’t be able to watch it either not to mention you would probably destroy your DVD player (that would definitely work) LOL
    Why in there right mind would they (Blockbuster) do this anyway? They would have to be stupid! Everyone would just get there movies from NetFlix, Hollywood Video, or Mom & Pop's video store on the corner. This if it where true which I highly doubt would run themselves right out of business. I really don't think Blockbuster gives a damned if you copy there movies. That’s probably where they make all there money from anyway. OK I talked on this subject long enough I'm done. Have fun with this people :)

[​IMG]

4. newtod

newtod Member

I found that Blockbuster 'protect' their DVD's by scratching them to buggery making the disk just about able to play in a standalone DVD player but not in a DVDROM.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hahaha! Isn't that the truth!

6. ghostluv

ghostluv Member

Hey all,

i agreed, i don't think B.Buster would go to that extent to stop the renters from copying their funky films. And I also did look at the link from Acycler it seems like this AVS thing is to help someone keep their media in a good shape some kind of device the help to protect it from being scratch.... i think!!!

O Well... C ya..
    Ghost...
    http://www.aobrasil.com/capoeira/entrainement/coupsdepiedsbase/img/meialuadecompasso.gif

7. jeannetta

jeannetta Member

i'm also having trouble copying new releases... i don't rent from blockbuster, but when i try to make a copy my program says -error in the reading sectors!- it copies movies that are older with no problem, and i tested it out with I, Robot which wasn't a rented copy and everything went fine... but when I try to copy resident evil 2 - or little black book - i get that message... it could be the program, i use dvdxcopy express... I even tried running the dvd before hand and it still didn't work...

please help!

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Have you looked (in the Forum) Jeez there are literally hundreds of post on those two movies alone.

What does your question have to do with the original post?

Simply download the newest version of decrypter and all will work fine.

Please search the forum before posting questions that have already been answered, and it is rude to but in on someone elses thread.

9. jeannetta

jeannetta Member

easy there - not sure if you noticed but it does clearly say newbie under my name... I just starting having this problem, searched on the internet, found this site, and placed my question... not attempting to be rude - however now that I’ve read your response I could care less how rude you believe me to be. The responses I read were in relation to not being able to copy movies due to new securities - hence my question.

10. nawlinz

nawlinz Member

I agree with BlackHood... if it's readable in a DVD Player then it should be copyable.

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

@ jeannetta

I was not trying to be rude or anything just trying to point you in the right direction for finding answerers to your questions. You really need to read the Forum rule's
    1. Before starting a new thread, use SEARCH first (located on top of the page..) to see if your question has been answered before!
    8. Don't reply with an off-topic comment/question -- instead start a new thread.

As you can clearly see you didnt follow either of those rules, but I will help ya out.
    If you would have even bothered to read this thread you would see it has absolutly nothing to do with what you are talking about. This thread is talking about Security measures. What you are looking for is a new encryption procedure beeing used on some of the newer movies. I can see how you may have confused the two, but again if you would have read this thread you would have seen the difference. Again your questioned has been answered over and over again in AD, but the simple fix is to download the newest version of Decrypter this has been updated and will rip all those new movies. Here is some more help just in case you want a guide :)
    http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/

Sorry if I upset you, but you have to realize this Forum is for everyone's use and when used correctly (following the rules) everyone benefits. You were also in no way rude to me but the original poster of this thread.

Good Luck :)

12. jeannetta

jeannetta Member

Thank you for the help, in both the "rules" and with the comp problem. :)

13. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

maybe the little birdie saw on of those (DISKINS) I believe is the product name and it scared him!lol! I taught I taw a puttie cat I did I did . lol! A little information is a dangerous thing! P.s. if anyone ever wraps rheir disk in a tupperware balogna -saver & gets it to read let me know lol! I enjoy the humor and the wisdom! enlightenment & entertainment all in one place. keep up the good work fella's & ladies -good burning good times & good day -peace