1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blocked from website!!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by knfusd, Oct 28, 2007.

1. knfusd

knfusd Regular member

I have recently been denied acess to the site pspiso it says banned from forum NO PROXIES. Why did this happen? And what can I do to remedy the problem? If at all

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

sounds like you are s.o.l. from what you have posted here the site said NO PROXIES right? and you must of used one that is more thain likely why you got banned, and once you get banned from a site, if it is a smart site like the one that we have here you won't be able to get back on it.

3. knfusd

knfusd Regular member

what is a proxy?

4. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

use google like search what is a proxy? and it will tell you everything you want to know about proxys! good luck

5. knfusd

knfusd Regular member

i just did as u suggested. still don't understand the what of what I did that wasn't correct. could u maybe explain to me with a little less computerese? thx if u can help

6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Here's an example...
    I'm here at AfterDawn directly from my IP address.
    Their server can "see" my IP adress. When I click a link on the AD website, their server sends me the page directly to my IP address to display on my PC.
    A proxy is a third party server that goes between your computer and whatever site you are visiting. Usually a way to prevent websites you visit from identifying you.

When you visit a site, click a link etc, through a proxy, your request to see a page or file is sent to the proxy. The proxy server then downloads the file. You view the file displayed from the proxy server, not the original website server.
    That's the way I understand it.

Many websites do not allow this.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  7. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

Are you using your own computer?
    Allot of times people go to hotspots, library's, or schools to connect to the net. Well the thing about this is that most these places use proxy systems with their networks, you may have not known, but that can cause sites to block the computer and/or account you were using.

Now if your on your own computer at your house with your own internet then somehow you are running a proxy. Maybe the network your on has one, if you are on one. Idk, all depends on how your doing things and how its set up.