1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blockiness and Freezing DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ruswan, Feb 26, 2005.

1. ruswan

ruswan Member

G'day,

Been having problems with backing up my DVDs using DVD Shrink. I get big square blocks in the video and especially towards the end of the movie, the DVD starts freezing and jumping so bad, it's unplayable.

Have upgraded to newest version of DVD Shrink. Also recently formatted hard drive and upgraded Windows XP to Service Pack 2 (don't know if that's a problem in itself?). Have also tried a different set of DVD blanks, which seem to work just fine on a friends machine.

My DVD burner also seems to work okay using the Ulead DVD Movie Factory. I use Nero as my burner and have installed the latest version.

Could it be the motherboard do you think? Got an idea about something else maybe?

Cheers,

Russ Swan

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Ok Russ,
    First and foremost, before you get into trouble with the moderating staff here, remove the link from your sig. It's an advertisement which is not allowed. If you have a second look at the forum rules, you should see it...
    rule #12
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

If you would like to advertise on this site, have a look here...
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/adprices.cfm

Ok, now that's out of the way....
    What brand of disc are you using for your backups?
    Also, are you using deep analysis, adaptive error compensation, and what is the compression percentage listed when you do your backups?

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey russ, If most of the pixellation is at the end of your movies,re-set that backup target in dvd shrink.

Open up dvd shrink
    edit
    preferences
    click dvd-5,scroll till you get custom,click
    enter 4300
    OK

this will keep your burn from reaching the outer edge-this is the area of uneven dye,usually in poor media.

Answer the rest of zippyd's questions as well,major compression cause some members this problem.Your media sounds like the culprit.If you get some issues anywhere else in your backups,reducing burn speed usually helps.

The Main Thing: How do those backups look on your pc?-The driver that burned it,should play it and it should look great. I guess you are probably viewing those backups on a stand alone player and that is where the pixellation occurs.Let me know how you view those backups.

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

ruswan,

your post has been edited and your sig removed. There is no advertising on the site. Read the forum rules.

Remove it from your sig. Future posts with it in your sig will result in a banning.