1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blocklists

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by smackfrog, Mar 24, 2005.

1. smackfrog

smackfrog Member

Today I cannot update my peerguardian 2 blocklist. I get an error contacting the site. So I went to the website methlabs.org and the site where the bloclist comes from blocklist.org and I get the message (from blocklist.org) that the document contains no data. I am hoping that they are just having a server prob or something, and that the RIAA or MPAA hasn't attacked them in some way, those bastards!!! Guess I will just have to wait and see, cease p2p activity for the moment.

Are there any other blocklist sources out there? I know that there is also Protowall, similar to peerguardian, does it have a blocklist source different than pg2? I have been using pg2 and so far it is working well, takes up much less memory than the original.

2. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

get blocklist manager from:

www.bluetack.co.uk

:eek:)

3. smackfrog

smackfrog Member

I am downloading that right now. Thanx.

4. weedman01

weedman01 Guest

5. smackfrog

smackfrog Member

awesome. thx, I was lookin for some sort of thread on what was goin on. I prefer pg2 over protowall/blocklist manager. Simpler interface and design. Guess I will just have to wait a few days.

6. weedman01

weedman01 Guest

smackfrog its sorted out now mate all upo and running ive just tryed the update it workin again just to let u no

7. smackfrog

smackfrog Member

Every time I try to update I get a timeout error. When I then try to go to Blocklist.org I get a white page with ' Coming soon to a theater near you: Blocklist.org'. When I get the timeout error it says to configure the update timeout limit or something to that effect. What do I do?

8. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

Do you guys think peerguardian real stops anything? I mean I am all for a program from stopping others from seeing you file trade but do you think the gov and these big music labels can get around it from just using a different ip range? Just curious its a good idea don't get me wrong.

9. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

One word...nope!

There is not ALL perfect program. Anytime any program, hardware, technology is out, there is always someone or some people out there ready to crack it wide open.

;)

10. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

All i am thinking is this...lets say i am the government and i want to see who is downloading copyrightred material. I know people use peerguaridian. All I am going to do is use an ip range that is not on there. I mean its seems pretty simple of a way a round it. I don't know just a thought.

11. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Yeah...PG seems like a GREAT program, don't get me wrong. I just don't think it is full proof.

Now, if a hacker tried to like break in and to see if there are any loopholes, or at least a crack team of them, THEN I would suggest it hands down.

That's pretty much the only reason why I haven't downloaded it, didn't really see a need to, I don't do much downloading, but that is just me.