1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blocks after writing to cd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by sevns8, Oct 6, 2002.

1. sevns8

sevns8 Guest

i been downloading dvd rips off the net.the quality is superb on the p.c butb whem i convert with tmpgenc and write with nero at 4 speed the quality on my dvd player sucks its nearly all blocks any help please

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

This is very common. Sometimes it depends on the cd you have. I always get black layered cd because they can be read exceptionally well.

You should also try alternative burning software like cdrwin 5 because it could be a simple nero re-encoding error (and yes they do re-encode, even if its already fully standard the movie becomes a dat file and nothing only a dvd player can read it).

3. sevns8

sevns8 Guest

hi dela
    what make are these blacklayered cds
    thanks

4. Dela

By layer, I mean colour!!

Look under the cd, does it have a black underneath, a grey or blue(also green).

Blue cds are known to cause trouble in dvd players!

5. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

sevens8 try changing your cd-r media and also are you encoding them to mpg1 or mpg2?(vcd)or (svcd).I also take it either during or after you encode the movie you are splitting movie....?and what does the finished product look like?

6. sevns8

sevns8 Guest

hi wonderboy
    i am encoding in mpeg1 my cdr media are intensos.i am splitting the movie before encoding using tmpgenc.would it be best in mpeg 2?

7. Dela

Actually ye, maybe your stand-alone would work better with svcd. The only problem is, you will need more cd-rs to fit the movie!!