1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blocky film from rempeg??

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Flash, Jun 9, 2002.

1. Flash

Flash Member

I get a very blocky film when rempeging from Rempeg2?? I have a region 2 disc of Harrypotter and it plays with a blockyish look after I rempeged it but if I open the m2v file in DVD2AVI and "scrubb play" it it looks perfect!? And when I play it with DVD2AVI(in its preveiw mode) it looks blocky (this also is the problem when playing in ifoedit?? What is the problem? Is it because of the region 2...or?? Please help me!

2. dazz

dazz Guest

I GET THE SAME PROBLEM ON MOSTLY NEW FILMS
    DID YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS

3. rw371

rw371 Member

The problem that i have is the dvd movie
    is film (telecine) which is 23.97 frames a sec. the headers in the vob files tells a player to
    play it back at 29.97 frames a sec, and which
    xtra six frames to play and to also drop 1
    frame to = 29.97 frames also known as 3:2 drop
    down. The problem with rempeg it does'nt look for these headers so it does'nt re-encode them. There-fore I get blocky and jittering m2v files.
    The problem you have may be simuliar.

4. Flash

Flash Member

Just like out of the blue... it worked?? I dont know that I did different, but it worked???

I dont know about 3:2 pulldown, but being a PAL film it should play in 25fps!? should it not?

5. neil_sue

neil_sue Guest

Hi there hope this helps you but i had the same problem with region 1 discs not region 2 and this is what i tried. I had oceans eleven that kept blocking so i changed some settings on rempeg to the lowest stting ( othogonal I think ) and unchecked the box underneath and run this for 500 frames to give me approx 20 secs of footage and this worked for oceans eleven but not others so i changed the setting again till i find a setting that worked. This is like the old probverb that less is sometimes more and it is not what you have got but it is how you use it !!!!!!

6. bgates222

bgates222 Guest

hey neil_sue what bitrate did u use ecause im, trying to do oceans 11 now?

7. sneaky

sneaky Guest

to neill:,
    Hi, I am currently trying to reMPeg ocean's eleven without "the blocks", i'm getting crazy on it. I am not succeeding! 87% is the exact size to fit the stream on DVD+R. Cannot find any doc about ReMPEG2 (to better understand the buttons). Please give detailled instructions about REmpeg2 settings... Thanks in advance.
    This DVD-BACKUP stuff is great man!!

8. neil_sue

neil_sue Guest

the settings I used was othogonal progressive half pel uncecked integer 105% 'I' frame 100 P/B and I used the bit rate calculator in ifo edit to get the % ( cant remember of hand ) P.S. see other thread i'm writing to about " deleting warner brother logo " as W/B. logo is the reason for the blocky picture hope this helps ( sorry been on holiday for a little while!!!

9. bgates222

bgates222 Guest

thanks , if anyone wants to know if you use vobrator and take out the wb logo rempeg works lovely

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2002
  10. neil_sue

neil_sue Guest

i think you will find that with some w/b logo they are on the same cell as part of the opening film ( i.e the others ) so by deleting this you miss 2 minutes of very important info . we can delete this and works fine but we want all the film!!!!!

11. bgates222

bgates222 Guest

oh really? thats good to know i didnt know that thanks