1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blocky streaking or green artifacts

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by foolio, Feb 5, 2003.

1. foolio

foolio Member

My Pioneer A05 burner has given me error free results when backing up DVD movies using Pioneer or Princo DVD-R media and DVD Decrypter/DVDXCopy. However I have been unable to achieve a perfect copy. Although the copies are 95% fine, the quality is detracted by the blocky streaking and sometime green artifacts that can sometimes occur. I was able to reduce the problem by updating my APSI layers, but the problems still exist. I was wondering whether or not this might be a hardware issue, such as bit rate etc? I normally close all applications while burning, my setup is a P3 700MHz, XP OS, 384Mb of RAM and 80Gb HDD 7200rpm. If anyone could some light on this matter I'd really appreciate it. Cheers!

2. TeeGee

TeeGee Guest

Have had similar problems - seems to be more to do with the burning than anything else.

Have now got 2 80gb drives. I rip onto main drive and use ifoedit to split onto second one. Or I use DVDXCOPY and use second drive as temp drive. either way I delete files when finished and defrag. Haven't had a problem since.

3. foolio

foolio Member

Problem solved completely! I built a newer and more powerful pc! No more blocky streaks or green artifacts. Nice! I spent a lot of money testing media thinking that this was the root cause of my heartache! Even with Princo DVD-Rs I am able to make perfect DVD back-ups! Nice!

FYI - my hardware config is as follows:

AMD 2500+ Barton
    NF7-S motherboard
    512Mb (2x256Mb) PC3200
    80Gb SATA drive
    DVD-R/RW Pioneer A05
    DVD-ROM Pioneer 120