1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blocky video with CCE

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by pierrrre, Feb 2, 2007.

1. pierrrre

pierrrre Member

Good morning everybody

I have been on a mission for the last little while - converting my VHS home movie collection to DVDs. I am talking about videos of my kids when they were babies (cute), toddler (nice), teenager (AAAAHHH), you get the point. No commercial or downloaded stuff.

I use Premiere Pro 2.0 and CCE as plugin for capturing, editing and exporting. I capture on the fly through my DV camcorder (composite in, firewire out to PC). The edit part goes well also with Premiere. Now come the hellish part - the exporting. I learned and solved a lot of problem by reading guides, manuals and experimenting. The latest one however is new to me. The video of the final mpv file is blocky. It look a bit like the censured parts on TV show. You known... when the part that you really want to see is blurred out with little squares. Well this is more or less how my final product looks like.

The setting I use is NTSC -DVD, 2 pass VBR, bitrate min 5000, average 7000, max 9000. Top field first checked, offset limit of 0.

Does anybody have any idea what could cause this to occure in CCE?

Thanks

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

What happens if you just go with Abobe's built in MainConcept encoder?

3. pierrrre

pierrrre Member

Hi MysticE

When I use AME the video is jurky. A bit like when I set CCE offset limit to 1 (top field first). I read a lot of comments saying that CCE is the cat's ass. Up to now I did not have a very good experience with it.

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

I lot of people also feel CCE is over rated, many prefer MainConcept. But I would assume it depends on the source material. You've got a rather expensive high end app there, I can't see Adobe skimping on the encoder part.

You would probably get some real answers and input at this forum:

http://forum.videohelp.com/