1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BLOODHOUND.EXPLOIT.6 VIRUS

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by vincentd, Nov 17, 2004.

1. vincentd

vincentd Member

Can someone urgently please help me, I'm being informed from my noron anti virus that I have a virus called Bloodhound.Exploit.6 in my pc, and norton can't remove it, with this virus I can't open my con trol panel, please CJC, help me, please.

2. CJC

CJC Regular member

3. vincentd

vincentd Member

CJC I'VE DOWNLOADED THE UPDATE YOU'VE TOLD ME, I RAN THE AD-AWARE SE PERSONAL, I'VE RAN ALSO THE SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY, BUT THE PROBLEM REMAINS THAT
    a: in the front page of my internet I have a different page and toolbar which I don't like because there is some adult stuff in it that I do not wish to leave on my pc.
    b: Whenever I press the controlpanel icon nothing happens, also with my computer icon, my documents etc.
    What else can I do please.

4. CJC

CJC Regular member

Try running HiJackThis, just go to www.download.com and search for Hijackthis and then post the log.

CJC

5. vincentd

vincentd Member

Hi again my personal computer LIFE SAVER...thanks, cause at least now I can see again all my pc services as the control panel, my documents etc, but I do have a small thing I would like to settle.
    CJC, why I cannot re-install again my internet provider home page, whenever I go to the internet settings and change again to my home page, a site called www.search-control.com/main.php?id=11261&said=302 keeps on appearing as my home page, and also I use to have the yahoo toolbar everytime I enter the internet, now I have to right click and select the toolbar, can you please tell me how to settle once and for all these two small problems...Thanks

6. CJC

CJC Regular member

Post your log of HiJack This here

CJC

7. vincentd

vincentd Member

Sorry mate, but I cannot understand you, when I listen to your computer language, sometimes I cannot understand, what does it mean to post my highjack this log?

8. CJC

CJC Regular member

9. vincentd

vincentd Member

CJC, I have made what you asked me, and I did a scan from highjackthis, but when I came to save the log, a dialog box from norton antivirus promted me that "Northon Antivirus has detected and removed a virus from your computer. Virus name : MHTMLRedir.Exploit, Virus removed automatically, so nothing came to save as a log file.
    Please note that the front page in question is this (written in highjackthis) RO - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main, StartPage=http://www.search-control.com/search.cgi?id=302, Please note that there is another one exactly like this but instead of HKCU is HKLM.

10. vincentd

vincentd Member

dEAR FRIEND, ARE YOU STILL GOING TO TRY TO HELP ME PLEASE?...vince

11. vincentd

vincentd Member

cjc IT'S TRUE THAT IT HAS BEEN A HECTIC DAY FOR YOU FROM THE PART OF ME, BUT PLEASE i NEED YOU TO TELL ME HOW TO GET RID OF THE START PAGE THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY HOME PAGE PROVIDED BY MY INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER, EVERYTIME I DELETE IT FROM THE INTERNET SETTINGS AND RETYPE MY HOME PAGE AND RESTART MY PC, THE PAGE KEEPS COMING BACK.

12. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

download avg6 free version from www.grisoft.com, update it & run it, it is an antivirus program. also do an online scan with www.antivirus.com

13. vincentd

vincentd Member

Dear friends, I beg you please try to help me. I'm keeping on getting the same frustating home page on my internet explorer instead of my internet service provider home page. I've tried everything you could imagine, changing internet settings, and restart the pc, scanning my pc for viruses, but the anti virus software is detecting nothing, spyware software, highjack this, av- aware se personal...nothing is working, a particular page is keeping on taking my internet service provider's home page place. Please tell me what can I do, please, because I'm sick and I can't worry too much, my hearth is very stressed, please my friends.

14. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Have you gone to Google & selected it to be your home page? Then just do not use your internet explorer link. I realise this is not a 100% solution, but it may stop your head exploding from all of the stress.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2004
  15. vincentd

vincentd Member

I tried also but everytime I change the homepage, the other page returns, it doesn't want to be deleted in any way.Why?

16. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

goto www.ccleaner.com download ccleaner & run it & see what happens

17. CJC

CJC Regular member

Im entitled to sleep arnt i ?

That Warning you got from NAV hasnt got anything to do with the log.

Could you try scanning again, then pasting the log. It will help in trying to fix your problem.

CJC

18. CJC

CJC Regular member

Ok

Try just removing the lines that are like:
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL = URL
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = URL
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = URL
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = URL
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = URL
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = URL
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL = URL
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = URL
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = URL
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = URL
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = URL
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = URL
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Name

Like those where URL will be differnt, just tick the boxes, click Fix Selected, restart Your Computer. Now your homepage should be set to about:blank. Go in and change it to what you want and restart your computer just to make sure. Does the other page come back or ur proper page?

CJC

19. pulsar

pulsar Active member

OK, its 3am where I am, & I have just had a thought. I would clear out your cookie folder, de-frag & disk clean up. this may get rid of what you have. When you run disk clean up I would delete all temp internet files. Give that a whirl & let us know how you get on.
    By the way, please don't type in caps. That's shouting, people do not like being shouted at!!!!
    Kind regards,
    Pulsar

20. vincentd

vincentd Member

Pulsar first of all this is for you my friend. Please note that I did'nt know that by typing in caps means shouting, sorry pulsar, I assure you that I'm not that kind of person, this is a genuine person your helping. Please note that the problem is still going on, and I've tried several spyware software, antiviruses, disk cleanup and defregmentation, nothing is working, the same page is returning. Please note that when I go to internet settings and return my home page there and press apply, my home page returns, but only for three consecutive openings. After the third opening of my internet service the page www.search-control.com/main.php?id=11261&said=302 returns. There's also some material in it that I do not whish for it to be on my pc, cause I'm not that kind of person. Even some ads are opening, this is not normal, ads about smileys cursors,etc. If these are spyware, why with all those spyware software I've tried, nothing worked. Regards Vince from Malta.