1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bloodrayne 2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jsnake54, Apr 28, 2005.

1. jsnake54

jsnake54 Member

does any1 have the complete back up instructions for this game the easy way and not the long way that was posted in an earlier thread.

any suggestions....

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Try This, I know that Bloodrayne 2 has some garbage files, you will see them after you extract the ISO with ISO Buster. it is a pretty easy process.

Some games have dummy files in them.(ie. guilty gear, spider-man 2). They are used to beef up the size of the image and to copy-protect the game. Burning games with the dummy files left unchanged will result in a game that does not boot (using swap magic anyway). To remedy this annoyance follow these fun steps. Make sure you create an ISO for the game on your hard drive before you start, using DVD Decrypter or other burning program. Also create a empty folder on your hard drive for the new files. Also keep ISO Buster open the whole time as you will need it for the last steps.

Step 1.
    Open up ISO Buster and select-> File, Open Image, and then browse for the ISO you have created on your hard drive. Next click on the first file in the list on the right side of the screen, then hold down shift and click on the last file so that all of the files are highlighted. Continue to hold shift and right click on the highlighted area and select the Extract Objects option and then choose the folder on your hard drive to save it to.

Step 2.
    Create a new text file. Open it and press the space bar once, then choose save as. Browse for the files you just extracted and click on one of the garbage files so it takes the same name. Then when it asks if you want to overwrite the existing file say YES. Repeat this for each Garbage or Dummy file.

4. Now that you have replaced them all you can use either Nero or CDVDGEN or another program (ISO Buster may have this option) to take those files and create a new ISO to burn. You must drop and drag the files into the program in the same order that they are in ISO Buster (this is why you kept it open)

5.Open up Nero burning rom and create a new UDF/ISO dvd (It's the last one in the list). Drop all the game files into Nero in the same order as it is listed in Isobuster. Nero will change the order of the files graphically, however they burn in the order that you dropped them in.
    6. Now just burn the new ISO.

3. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

steimy i did exactly what you said, all igot is a black screen after swapping using Swap Magic 3.6 plus. R u using the same versionof swap magic disc? or Is it just me unlucky? I already wasted 3 discs, could u help plz.

4. LS4LIFE

LS4LIFE Member

I have the same problem. Bloodrayne only boots to a black screen. I also find that when you drop the files into nero in the order that you need them to be in...the order is different on the backup dvd. Are you sure that nero doesn't alter the order of the files you're dropping in?

5. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

i didn't use Nero, i used CDVDGen. First i made an ISO on my hard drive. THen I opended the completed file and check to make sure the order is correct. Everything went well but at the end all i got was a black screen. Do we have to use TOC to boot this game even after rebuilt? ALl i did was using swap magic 3.6