1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blown fuse? Duo3 chip help!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by spzee, Jan 27, 2007.

1. spzee

spzee Member

Hi, i had a friend tried to install a Duo3 on my Slim Silver V12 PS2.
    It could not boot modded games but could do originals pretty good. The PS2 was new so laser was also.
    I heard about laser fix? what is that, we havnt fixed anything

Now someone tried to help and the PS2 dosnt start anymore.

There is power, but when i hit the power button the red light flashes once and then ps2 goes back to standby. They told me they blown a fuse..

I just want to get my ps2 back to work cause i would loose 150$.
    Any suggestions of what might have happened and what i can try/do ?

thx

2. spzee

spzee Member

my PS2 is a v15 not a v12.. well i think

its a schp 77001

3. spzee

spzee Member

I have tested my main 6.3A fuse, it reads 0.01A and has a small brown spot on it. So it is blown.

Will replacing it be a good idea? or do you think my board is messed up? everything looks OK to me.. I'll try to find a place to order that CCF1N6.3 fuse. If someone can link me it would help, and a V15 diagram would be really great.

Is it easy to remove? Do i just have to heat the stuff under the fuse + & - and pull it off? Then solder a new one?

Should I try and bypass the fuse to test other fuses if something else is screwed?

4. spzee

spzee Member

i have tested a resistor on the opposite side of the board and it appeared to blow up. Now theres no more light, but the resistor that has "blown" reads some unstable OHM and the fuse now reads 0.02A... fuckn weird. please help