1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blu-ray and players

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by LDASR, Jun 21, 2007.

1. LDASR

LDASR Member

I'ts my understanding that Starz and Block Buster have indorced Blu-ray. Question, does that mean we must buy all new players. Can my old Sony player be used with Blu-ray?

2. eatsushi

eatsushi Regular member

Only if you want to watch movies on BluRay disc.

No.

Blockbuster will still continue to stock regular DVD's for your player.

3. LDASR

LDASR Member

Thanks for the info. As a retired person I find a lot of time watching movies. Because I am on a fixed income I find myself wondering how all of us older folks will be able to keep up with the costs of new players,TV's and the like. Seems to me this country is so possessed with GREED that the average person just keeps falling behind.

4. Bigperm88

Bigperm88 Guest

Remeber, blockbuster is only hedging there bets in there B&M stores, Not online. You can still rent both formats online. And IMHO, Blockbuster is soon to be dead anyways. They are closing stores everywhere. I would sign up for Netflixs or if your in Canada, Zip.ca. There blu-ray and HD-DVD service is great.

But IMO, from what i get from your posts, i would just stick with regular DVD, you will get all the current releases, just not in HD.