1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blu-Ray Compression ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by binmax, Feb 22, 2009.

1. syxguns

syxguns Active member

You may change the settings so that it does not compress. Then you find the movie files in the bin to burn.

Exactly!

2. binmax

binmax Regular member

Well I downloaded everything that you need for Ripbot and now ripbot is saying that I don't have FFDshow installed. I have the programs installed that are needed but it keeps telling me that FFDshow is not installed.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  3. syxguns

syxguns Active member

4. binmax

binmax Regular member

Alright, here is what I'm stuck with. I have installed all needed software: AnyDVDHD, BDRebuider, Ripbot, FFdshow, Imgburn, AviSynth, and MatroskaSplitter. He is what I'm doing in order:

1) Insert Bluray Movie
    2) Rip with AnyDVD (Rip Video DVD to Hard Disk)
    3) An hour later I open BDRebuilder
    4) Source path hit Browse and click on Movie
    5) Click Backup and wait 15 minutes for an error to pop up

Since I'm still a noob at this, I am assuming that the above programs are all running in the background while this error is occuring. Why are some people using Ripbot and others are using BDRebuilder? I am not able to get either to work. Ripbot stops at 32% and BDRebuilder stops about 10 minutes after it starts. I have followed the first post step by step with no luck. There is something I am overlooking.

Thanks for your help on this.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

6. binmax

binmax Regular member

Sorry Creaky. I am about to give up all together.

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Sorry i can't be of any help, it'll be a very long time before i get into Bluray encoding.

8. chevyll

chevyll Member

okay heres the way I've done it.

1. Rip with anyhddvd
    2. Use Ripbot select mkv output(I get errors with certain bluray files useing BDrebuilder to so I use ripbot on those files)
    3. Use Tsmuxer to remux output file from Ripbot to a bluray file.
    4. Burn with Image Burn

Haven't tried to use BDrebuilder after useing Ripbot to try to shrink it to bd9 yetr but hoping that will work.Hope this helps.
    I had a older version of fddshow loaded and Ripbot said that Fddshow version was not installed and I loaded the version it specified dont remember what version it was. But haven't had any problems with it freezeing on me.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  9. binmax

binmax Regular member

Okay I opened up the selected movie with Ripbot and it analyses the movie first and when I click okay it doesn't give me the option to switch from MP4 to MKV. The MKV icon is grayed out. That's when it goes right into demuxing selected streams and it gets to 32% and stops.

10. chevyll

chevyll Member

What version of FFDshow arte you using? I have ffdshow_rev2744_20090305_clsid.exe installed and haven't had any problems with Ripbot not working for me. Were BDrebuilder with certain files it will go as far as 71% on one file and maybe 2% on another and ripbot has no problem with them and there both vc1 files.Had other vc1 files have no problem with BDrebuilder dont know why or what the difference is. No it dosent give you the choice till after it demuxes.What version of Matroska Splitter are you using I have 1.9.42.1 I have Avsynth 258

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  11. binmax

binmax Regular member

I tried what you said with no luck. I have the exact same versions of software that you are using and it still gets stuck demuxing at 32%. I even reinstalled ffdshow thinking that was the problem, but that didn't solve anything.

12. chevyll

chevyll Member

Have you tried to use TSMuxer to demux the file? And then remux to bluray then try Ripbot. Never had anything fail on demuxing only on recodeing. Open up TSMuxer find the bigest file and add it choose wich audio file you want to keep deselect all the rest choose location you want to save files to and start demuxing. After demuxed clear fields in TSMuxer click on add files and add both video and audio that you just demuxed click on m2ts output and and start remuxing.After thats finished clear fields in TSMuxer and add that m2ts file and click on bluray output start muxing. That might evan get the file small enough for you if not than try useing Ripbot on the bluray file you just created with TSMuxer. If that dont work I dont know what else to tell you.

13. binmax

binmax Regular member

Okay Chevyll,

I followed your instructions to the letter. I think I have made some headway. After clicking on Blu-ray output and start muxing, the BDMV file is now 561MB compared to 25.5GB before. Am I supposed to delete out the older files I don't need anymore and replace them with this smaller file. After the bluray muxing I am lost. Is this where I use ripbot? I am assuming that TSmuxer is just software to remove all languages to make your project fit on a disc. I used IMGburn afterwards and made a coaster. :(

Everything else worked just like you said though. When you say "that should get the file small enough." Does this mean small enough for a dual layer DVD or Bluray Blank?

Here is what I did in my own words:

1. Rip movie with AnyDVDHD (1 hour)
    2. Open tsMuxerGUI 1.8.4 and click add
    3. Open Movie/BDMV/STREAM/Largest file in the group
    4. Remove all languages but the one you need
    5. On Output select Demux and click start demuxing (14 Minutes)
    6. Now clear all fields and add audio and video you just demuxed
    7. You should see your video and your language of choice
    8. Change output to M2TS muxing and click start muxing (1 Minute)
    9. Now clear all fields and add the M2TS file you just muxed.
    10. Click Create Bluray Disc in the Output field and click Start muxing. (1 Minute)

Now is this ready for ImgBurn? Why are people saying that this takes 12 hours?
    I have to be doing something wrong.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  14. chevyll

chevyll Member

That should make it small enough for a blank bluray disc. Okay the 561mb doesnt sound right. Heres what i get useing Hell Boy 2 the complete bluray file is 42gb open up TSMuxer go to hell boy bluray file to bdmv file to stream file to m2ts files bigest file in there is 25.7gb add that file to TSMuxer. Deselected all audio that I dont want wich leaves 2 files checked a video and 1 audio demux to a different location. Gives me a video file of 17gb and audio of 4gb. Reopen TSMuxer add those 2 files and select m2ts muxing and start muxing I get a file 23gb in size. Reopen TSMuxer add that file and select create bluray disc comes out to a 23gb bluray file wich would fit on a blank bluray disc. If your trying to make a bd9 you skip the part ot create bluray disc and you open up ripbot and add the m2ts file you created and hopefully it will demux that file for you with out giving you the error like the origanal file did. After it demuxes you choose the output you want in your case it would be bluray disc out. Right under the video you would choose high 4.0 hd bluray and choose the audio output you want click done and then start and this is were it takes about 10 hours my system takes anywhere from 5 to 6 hours to do this. I never choose the bluray out so I dont know what size a file it will output. Im going to try doing one now and see what it does. On the mkv its droping a 33gb file down to a 14gb file wich is still to big for bd9. If your trying to make a copy to a blank bluray you can skip all of that and just use TSMuxer select the video and audio select create bluray disc and save to a different location and then burn with imageburn.Okay just finished doing a bluray output with ripbot you select 2 pass mode and that will let you choose the output file size you want theres a few options in the pull down menu on the lock file size option.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  15. binmax

binmax Regular member

WooHoo !! I have finally ripped/burned my first bluray movie. Thanks Chevyll !!

I have a quick question. I just ripped "The Dark Knight" today and this is what I am getting in tsmuxer.

Total disc size is: 37.9gb
    After demuxing and m2ts muxing: 29.9gb

This is with video and english only. Since I am not able to get ripbot to work correctly, how are you able to get this file down to the 24gb size. I just need to shrink it 5 more gigs. The first movie I completely backed up was only 120 minutes and "The Dark Knight" is 153 minutes.

16. chevyll

chevyll Member

I have done that movie with bdrebuilder. With out any problems cant remember any of the setings I used and my computer is down right now doing a fresh install of xp geting rid of all the programs I was trying out on bluray stuff had way to many on it trial and error. But its pretty straight foreward choose the size of file you want BD9 BD25 under setings choose movie only and start program. The only thing I was geting was like maybe the first chapter was coming out in 4:3 insteads 16:9 was going to play around with that then decided to get clean up my my hard drive way to much sh** on it. Give bdrebuilder a try and let me know how that goes. Good luck

17. binmax

binmax Regular member

I tried using BD Rebuilder and all I got was this:

[22:40:55] BD Rebuilder v0.19.06 (beta)
    - Source: THE DARK KNIGHT
    - Input BD size: 27.45 GB
    - Approximate total content: [02:32:13.290]
    - Target BD size: 22.90 GB
    [22:40:58] PHASE ONE, Encoding
    - Extracting audio/subs [VID_00001]
    - [23:08:26] Collecting video information [00001]
    - Video: 1920x1080, 23.976fps
    - Bitrate: 19,113 Kbs
    - [23:08:26] Reencoding: VID_00001, Pass 1 of 2
    - Encode failed. Retrying.
    - Encode failed. Retrying.
    - Reached retry limit. Aborting.
    [23:08:28] - Failed video encode, aborted

18. snake2

snake2 Member

update to the latest BD RB and make sure you have the matroka (or whatever it's called) splitter installed I was getting the same error trying to back up Mr. Brooks before I installed the splitter

19. chevyll

chevyll Member

What os are you running xp vista? Are you running media player 11? BD-rebuilder uses media player 11 to encode some video I think somewhere I read that if you had media player classic that you had to turn something off on it cant remember what. Did you try useing ripbot on that movie thats pretty much what BD-rebuilder does on some of the files that I have and ripbot works on those files. I dont know cause like I said I had just did that movie with rebuilder. Still updating my system so I dont have it up running yet(dam adobe taken allnight to download updates almost done now)should have it up tomorow then I can see what it will do with that file. But dont see why anything would be different. You can use nero to reencode to a mpeg2 but I didnt like the quality of the video when I did that but I droped it down to a bd9. There a guide somewhere on this site on how to do that just choose the option to make a bluray disc instead of a daul layer dvd.

20. binmax

binmax Regular member

Alright I think after uninstalling everything and reinstalling everything, I am onto something. I am currently backing up "Twilight" into BD-25 target size. Does everyone have an issue with encoding time? I have been encoding now for 16 hours and it is at 40%. It is almost not worth the hassle if this does not work. Using up a computer for 30+ hours is almost not even an option. I will have to build another computer just to do blu-ray. The weird thing is, when I did "Batman Begins" It only took about 5 hours.

I am running an AMD(64)Dual Core 2.52ghz with 4gb of corsair XMS dual channel. I am currenty encoding to a 200gig external drive. I am assuming the hard drive is the issue. My internal hard drive is a RAID0 Raptor setup. It just doesn't make sense for one movie to be completed in 5 hours and the other be completed in 30.