1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blu-ray copied disc

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by ryanjafc, May 27, 2007.

1. ryanjafc

ryanjafc Regular member

i wish to copy a ps3 game with a blu-ray recorder onto a blu-ray disc but will the ps3 play it.

2. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Obviously not, thats piracy. Its will just come up as "Data Disc".

There is no loader or modchip for PS3 yet, so you'll have to wait to play burnt PS3 games. You can play burnt Blu-Ray movies though.

3. ryanjafc

ryanjafc Regular member

its not piracy if you own the original

4. dpickett

dpickett Guest

How about this,

Statisticly we are going to say that it's not going to work. There is a .1% that it may because mone of us have blue-ray burners :) Good luck with your backups

5. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Yes but you still have to use non-Sony stuff to boot them so its still pretty illegal. I consider it illegal even if you do own the copy, because you could easily trade it in or sell it.

I say illegal, because it's bypassing a copy protection.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2007
  6. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Its already been tested and they don't boot.

7. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

What you believe is not relevant nor valid as many countries have different laws, even in the US under the "fair use" act it can be perfectly legal if applied correctly.

Last edited: May 27, 2007
  8. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Its still not illegal occourding to the actual laws here, if you own the copy...So is illegal to buy a pack a cigs b/c you could easily give them to a minor??...

9. gkmpb4

gkmpb4 Regular member

I may be wrong, but IN the US there are laws (dont know the exact name and there may be more than one) that allow you the right to protect your belongings which means you can make as many copies as you want. As long as you are able to present the original and of coarse proof of purchase, you are ok. The very second you attempt to distribute in the intent for any type of gain or profit, this is when its against the law.
    Again, I may be wrong....But I doubt it

10. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

You are right... You can make all the backups you want,IF you own the original...Roms,music,movies,games,tapes,etc...... "piracy" on a self use basis, I feel is basically a matter of your own feeling toward what you believe is stealing....Everyone sees it differently.. When you buy(legally) the original of anything you are not just buying the actual product, but you are buying the license to rights of that purchase. In other words if you buy it, you are agreeing that you will not copy AND resale.... Copying isnt the "crime" people are getting busted for, the resaling or distribution of the copied material is what they are geting fined and jailed for.... Here is a snip taken from a Microsoft website, notice the wording...

"Software piracy is the illegal reproduction and distribution of software applications, whether for business or personal use."

Anyway Im sure there is a whole forum area for this topic.....

Last edited: May 27, 2007
  11. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

Copy write infringement without monetary gain is illegal in the US, if you make a backup, do not sell it and do not “give” it to anyone. Technically you should not copy a disk that has the words printed on the disk: do not make copies of this disk. You can contact the manufacture and ask them if the disk gets damaged how can I get a replacement, if they say there is no replacement plan, then copy the damn thing for safe keeping or don't ever scratch it or leave it in the sun. If you just want to rent and copy games so you don't have to pay for them then you are breaking the law and if you get caught you are in serious trouble; jail time and fines that you will spend the rest of your life paying off, kind of trouble. There are some collage kids that are in jail right now for handing out (not selling) copies of microsoft office at their campus. Moral of the story; buy your games on e-bay for ~$30US each like I do :) its buy one get one free (if normal retail price is $60)! LOL!

P.S. Backing up your XBOX games to the XBOX hard drive and playing them from there improves load times by an unimaginable amount! This is a good reason to be able to make backups and why we need an ISO loader for the PS3. As far as I know there is only one game that installs 4GB of game data on the PS3 hard drive for faster load times. Its too bad this is not available for every game.