1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blu Ray drive will not play Blu Ray discs

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by tinbigd, Feb 8, 2012.

1. tinbigd

tinbigd Member

OK, I bought an LG OEM Blu Ray player about two months ago. Got it installed and it reads everything, understands that it is a Blu Ray player, and I can see files and folders of any DVD or Blu Ray disc. I cannot however play a Blu Ray disc in the player. I have AnyDVD, and I have tried to use VSO and DAPlayer, I have even downloaded a trial version of PowerDVD12 to no avail. VSO sees that it is a Blu Ray, loads it, I can see the main file and chapter on the left hand side, along with picture from the disc on the right, but when I click on the maovie file or any of the chapters, it cycles through each one of them and returns to the top doing nothing. PowerDVD and DAplayer see the disc and the folders, but refuse to play anything. I'm not a newbie, and I am freaking stumbed. Maybe I need new codecs, but I figured PowerDVD would load them. Can anyone help???
    tinbigd

2. mphsbelle

mphsbelle Member

I had the same issue with an LG blu writer. You probably need new drivers, which you will have to get an update from your OS as LG doesn't have their own drivers. weird, I know. That solved my problem. Are you just trying to play the bluray or burn? Hope this helps.

3. gamer3162

gamer3162 Regular member

well i got mine a while ago and right now only plays dvd not blu ray discs. i even installed new fw and still nothing

4. Creepers

Creepers Member

I'm looking to buy Blu-ray player for my PC. Not sure which one to get but thanks to this thread I will not buy LG.

5. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

Tinbigd, do you have the prerequisite software to play a commercial BD? If you have anydvdHD, then rip a bluray to iso, and remove the protections. Mount as a virtual disk. Use VLC media player (2.0 or above only) to play the movie. Since you say the info loads from the bluray, that means the disc IS being read. The culprit is probably the protection schemes bluray has been endowed with. It makes it a B@tch for much of today's software to play it.

AND Creepers, just so you know I have an LG bluray burner. Outside of needing to remove the riplock feature, the drive has performed exactly as it should.

6. fashionkurti

fashionkurti Member

i bought a Blue ray drive online and it does not burn the CD on my sytem when i plug it in my friends sytem it worked. i contacted them and they said it does not support AMD? is it something like this?

7. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

Never Heard of that, UNLESS the processor is too slow. but that still does not make sense.