1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blu-Ray Playback problems

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by strife10, Feb 6, 2007.

1. strife10

strife10 Member

hey guys, just wanted to see if anyone else if having problems playing blu-rays on the PS3. Last night i was watching Xman3 on my PS3 with my 56" DLP Samsumg 1080P TV. Now there were two times that it stopped playing the movie and I have to wait about 30 secs for it to start again.

Also when the movie was playing it was grainy looking, nothing siuper clear like 1080P should be, HDMI cord if working fine and on HD channels it looks great it just seems it has to do with Blu-Ray video playback.

That's the full movie I've seen on my PS3 for Blu-ray (did watch some of the Transporter, same grainy results. DVD's look good, I assume its the Sony PS3......

2. cashman91

cashman91 Regular member

update to 1.51

3. strife10

strife10 Member

I did already

4. eatsushi

eatsushi Regular member

The 1.51 update doesn't fix the freezing problem on BluRay movie playback. Disabling the network fixes the problem for me.

5. strife10

strife10 Member

Okay I'll try disabling the network while watching a Blu-Ray. But what about the grainy quality of the Blu-ray? Or is that blu-Ray's encoding for you?