1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blu ray to blu ray with a mac

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by enor0, Aug 13, 2011.

1. enor0

enor0 Member

how do I rip a blu ray such as True Grit to a mac computer and then copy it to work on a ps3?

2. jmanikin

jmanikin Member

you need to rip the disc and then convert it to a format which is compatible with Ps3. the 4media ripper is really good!

3. enor0

enor0 Member

I am able to rip the disc and get an mkv file, i can watch the movie with my computer but I would like to burn it to a blu ray now that will work in the ps3, does anyone know what file format i have to convert it and what program will do it, and last what program will actually burn the blu ray for me. prefer this to be a free process if possible. thanks

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

IMO, ripping a Blu-ray into .mkv or .mp4 that would fit into basic, standard 4.3GB DVDR disc is better option. Usually the drop in picture quality is pretty unnoticeable and BDR discs still cost an arm&leg compared to good quality blank DVDR discs.

Thus, I'd say, just rip the movie, preserving the HD resolution into .mp4, using PS3 compatible settings, and burn it as a data disc to a blank DVDR. It wont play in your regular DVD player, but PS3 should be able to play it just nicely.