1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blu-ray Writer/Burner : Which to buy?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by hari2cool, Mar 14, 2011.

1. hari2cool

hari2cool Member

Can anyone guide me to a link where I could get an internal SATA Blu-ray Burner (Multi Drive) and the one who could ship to Pakistan?

Which Blu-ray burner is good in low budget and has a good quality?
    Afterdawners once guided me to BenQ DVD-Burner which didnt disappoint me....lets see this time :)

2. morean51

morean51 Member

Panasonic Blu-ray burner is under budget performance wise is really good

3. hari2cool

hari2cool Member

what model and where could i order one...I need a seller who ships to pakistan at a minimum price...got a low budget :p

4. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

While Panasonic are a good brand, I haven't seen many desktop blu-ray burners from Panny, only for laptops. Sony isn’t too bad either, but the best IMO are Pioneer. I think they stopped making the BDR-205 (which I have), however the newer BDR-206 is a really good burner, and compared to some of LG's burners; they're a lot better and cheaper too.

I would go with the BDR-206. If you can afford it, a good future proof burner would also be the Pioneer BDR-206MBK, it's about $50 more, but adds support for BDXL Discs (128GBs), only downside is that it's a bit slower (mostly due to the larger capacity discs) but you can't go wrong with the BDR-206, I really recommend it, Even if the MBK burns slower, it's always better to burn at the slowest speed anyways to avoid a coaster, but I've burned at full speed on the 205 many times with no complaints.

I can't find any sites that will ship to Pakistan. I think Amazon.com might ship it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=596204&#country
    http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-Internal-Blu-ray-Writer-BDR-206/dp/B0046K062C/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

5. hari2cool

hari2cool Member

Thanks a lot mike.m... am ordering BDR-206.