1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blue Disc + v10 PS2?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by darkstar9, Nov 26, 2004.

1. darkstar9

darkstar9 Member

Can blue discs run on a v10 ps2? Whenever i try to run anything related to my GS v2 i get a "Please insert a Playstation or Playstation 2 format disc" error. I've tried my GameShark v2, and also the code transfer disc for it (both blue discs). Could someone help me out please? Thanks.

2. darkstar9

darkstar9 Member

Okay, the GS for ps1 that came with the GSv2 for ps2 that is a blue disc works. So it must be the gameshark. So i think i might buy a new one. Anyone have any ideas why it wont work?

3. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

yeah blue disc work on a version 10 and the newest version of gameshark will work but you cannot use it for backups. the reason it doesnt work is because sony updates the bios in the ps2s every time they put out a new version and gameshark and other cheat devices are not licensed or endorsed by sony so sony does not want them to work on the ps2 so they do everything they can so the unlicensed software doesnt run. if you get a modchip it will work.

4. darkstar9

darkstar9 Member

will swap magic 3.2 work on the v10?

and will swap magic 3.3 work on the v10?