1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blue disk versions?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by shifted90, Oct 26, 2004.

1. shifted90

shifted90 Member

I was calling EBGames one day to see how much they would give for a used PS2. They said that they would give $150 for the PS2, controller, and 5 used games. I know, that's a rip off, but beyond that, they said that the PS2 has to read "Blue Disks." I have a blue disk and it reads it good. So what I want to know is, which versions of the PS2 does NOT read blue disks, better yet, which version DO read blue disks?

Thank you...

2. Kooper

Kooper Member

wouldnt all ps2 models read them? the only ones that i rekon wouldnt are the first ones that come out...:S

3. shifted90

shifted90 Member

Well, I just read that some of the NEWER models do not read them, but I just wanted to know, so that when I buy a new PS2, it reads blue disks, because some of my disks are blue.

4. shifted90

shifted90 Member

anyone?

5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

all versions of ps2 should read blue/purple discs as these are the colour of orignal ps2 cd based games, best guess why they want to see if it reads those discs is there checking the laser still works well