1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blue line through screen on 3.71 m33-2

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by TOSguru, Oct 13, 2007.

1. TOSguru

TOSguru Member

I recently got my psp to 3.71 m33-2 (FINALLY!!)and had no problem putting gbSP on it and playing games.
    BUT now there is this stupid blue line running down my screen and it's really pissing me off!
    the only things i've done that might've cause this are:

-Putting an N64 emulator (Daedulus?) on it and removing it because the games ran too slowly
    -attempting to put Visual Boy Advance on it and removing it because i had no idea how to use it
    -I found some files randomly in the root of the memory stick that i did not place there. one was a bunch of gibberish and the other was an EBOOT. After deleting them, the blue line disappeared! but now it's come back and those files aren't even there anymore.
    -Deleted lumines save files (just thought it might be interfering with my psp...being paranoid >_<)

anyways, the line is there and really frustrating because while im playing games, watching movies, or using my psp in general...that blue line is there. besides making me annoyed, it hasnt disrupted anything....just looks really blue-linesh (aka WHY IS IT THERE??)
    Someone please enlighten me before I mess something up trying to remove it!

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Turn off the PSP and then take out the memory Stick leaving it out then turn on the PSP and see if the line is still there.

Does this show up on the XMB (PSP Menu) as well or just when watching or playing movies/games?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  3. TOSguru

TOSguru Member

I removed the memory card and turned it back on....still there.
    The line is just generally there...menu, game, etc...always a line.
    I'm curious to know why it was there when the memory stick was taken out...because when I originally upgraded the firmware it wasn't there. It only appeared after my actions with folders on the stick (in my 1st post)...plus it was gone for about a day then came back.
    The way I got it to disappear the first time was when I realized it only appeared after I started to play my UMD of Lumines, so I opened up the memory stick folder on the PC and found those 2 files that weren't originally put there. Deleted those, plus Lumines save and it was gone...then my sister said it spotaneously came back while she was playing a GBA game.
    any other suggestions? =(

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Since it still does it without the Memory Stick I would think it is a Hardware issue or issue with the install of the CFW or flash0 files.

Have you installed a Custom XMB firmare?

5. btjl90

btjl90 Regular member

could it just be a pixel problem? google "psp pixel restore"

try running it seee if it works

6. TOSguru

TOSguru Member

I don't think so, since I don't even know what that is =P

7. TOSguru

TOSguru Member

it's running as we speak, but does it actually work? it's just flashing red, green and blue... weird, cause the blue line only shows up on the red. not to mention the program says it could take hours...not too fond of leaving my psp running all night.

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Try re-instaling the 3.71 M33-2 firmware. Go HERE for the quickest way to update back to 3.72 M33-2.

If you don't have 1.50 ADD ON-2 then install it. HERE is a link to it (You will need 1.50 kernel for the GUIDE I linked to above).

9. TOSguru

TOSguru Member

Re-installing the 3.71 m33-2 firmware sounds complicated to me (since my brother did most of it for me), and I don't want to risk bricking my psp or the like. I'll try putting that 1.50 kernel add-on and see what happens.
    I don't think that re-installing the 3.71 m33-2 as explained in your link would help anyways considering that I didn't use the pandora method to downgrade.

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Would be kinda hard to brick your PSP when the guide I gave you is an unbricker. It is pretty much the safest way to unbrick/upgrade a PSP.

But thats up to you.

That makes no sense at all. Doesn't matter how you installed the custom firmware before. If the problem is with the custom firmware then reinstalling it could correct the issue.

I was just giving you the safest option available to reinstalling the 3.71 M33-2 custom firmware.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  11. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

flashing isn't that dangerous.tbh i've never seen anyone bricked when upgrading to cfw(apart from closing it and taking the battery out etc)and downgrading.so why not take the risk?no wait, let me rephrase that, why not the small risk?i've flashed my psp a million times - before i had an unbricker and only one semi-brick(when i was a noob i flashed my psp theme and it didn't go out right)i've flashed my psp down from 3.71m33-2 to 1.5 twice with no bricks or whatever.maybe bsod but i can exit it.so take the risk or just leave that blue line.

12. TOSguru

TOSguru Member

I'm just not very experienced with this sort of thing and after reading the guide, it sounds complicated to me. It's easy enough to follow...though some of it is kind of hard to understand.
    Basically, do you mean to downgrade back to 1.50 then re-upgrade to 3.71 m33-2?
    At this point, I'm willing to try anything!

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The guide above will do a fresh install of 3.71 M33-2 (It will actually install 3.71 M33-2 custom firmware. without downgrader to 1.50 then upgrading to it again.

It is possible to downgrade to 1.50 then upgrade to 3.71 M33-2 again without using the Universal Unbricker but you will have allot more steps to complete.

If you want to do it this way then follow the steps below.

Download the downgrade file HERE and extract it (It will extract a UPDATE folder).

Download this 1.50 EBOOT HERE .

Extract the 1.50 EBOOT and rename it to UPDATE.PBP then drag that to the UPDATE folder.

Now drag the UPDATE folder to /PSP/GAME then go to Game menu memory Stick and run it to downgrade back to 1.50 firmware.

When your at 1.50 firmware format your Memory Stick via System Settings and go HERE and update to 3.52 M33-4 custom firmware.

After your at 3.52 M33 -4 go HERE and update to 3.71 M33-2 + 1.50 ADD ON-2 custom firmware.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  14. TOSguru

TOSguru Member

I'm trying to do this right now...but when I opened up the root of my memory stick I discovered that my update folder is missing! I created one anyways and renamed the 1.50 EBOOT to UPDATE.PBP, dragged it to the update folder, moved the update folder to psp > game, then went to run it via the game menu...but it just shows up as corrupted data. I'm following it, but what am I doing wrong?
    I'm so determined to get rid of this line!!!! lol >_<

EDIT: k my brother helped me get to 1.50 BUT THE BLUE LINE IS STILL THERE AFTER FLASHING IT....this is EXTREMELY frustrating. I'll continue to upgrade back to 3.71 m33 and see what happens....

EDIT: ok, i'm back at 3.71 m33...and that stubborn line is still there. I tried running the 1.50 add on but it won't work. My brother is recommending that I return my psp to where I got it and get another one...I bought it about a year ago so I'm not sure if that will work and I really wish this was an easy fix. i'm totally open to ANY other suggestions now =(

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  15. mattieros

mattieros Member

i had the same problem,i just tapped the line and it dissapiered i think it is possibly a clog of pixels.