1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blue Screen of Death...again and again

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Dacian, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Dacian

Dacian Member

I am running Windows 98SE and everytime I try and load a CD/DVD in either my CD/DVD-Rom or DVD Burner, I get the Blue Screen of Death. This hasn't been happening since I got the computer, just recently. What I have to do is put in the DVD/CD and let it get the screen, shut off my computer, and it'll read the media once the OS loads again. But once I press eject, or more frequently, try and load another disc it does the whole thing over again. Is there any way of fixing this at all? And please don't just tell me to upgrade my OS, that's not an option with this POS machine I have.

2. rogeball

rogeball Regular member

At the bottom of the Blue screen mesage their is a number. IE: 0x0000007E . look that up on google or post it here and ill find out. But if you look up that number it will tell you what it means and how to go about fixing it.
    My advice, buy a new computer yours is getting to old and not supported.

3. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

ask in the dvd/cd/rom/rw threads if any one else has had any trouble with your drives, it could be a firmware issue.

if its a recent event it could also be a software conflict, but this is less likly.

4. Dacian

Dacian Member

I got the just of the error code. It's something lik this without all the words.

1: 0028:C004D831 VxD VFAT (01) + 00000B8ED
    2: 0028:C1834900 VxD voltrack (04) + 00000430